This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, come ON now!

So there I was stumbling about the student cafeteria at breakfast, being my usual ante-meridian self, when I see this:

I nearly went straight back to bed.

One final thing to bear in mind is that I attend UC BERKELEY. I thought the students here were supposed to be smart.
    "If life ain't just a joke, then why are we laughing?" - Gerard Way

Sorry to break it to you, but Berkeley has the same book smart, reality foolish people as everywhere else.

The bosses daughter graduated from Berkeley. If she had to survive on her own, she'd die. Hell, if it were 100 years ago, she'd be dead already, she's just that clueless about some parts of life.

Well, no, her family has money. They could have set up a nice dowry and married her off to someone to get her off their hands. She'd make a great trophy wife.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Doesn't surprise me in the least, especially because of how mindless people are in the morning. Though I don't think id be at that point. Nice sign spotting though, I wonder what sort of percentage of people would do that.
      - Boochan

Comment

Doesn't surprise me in the least, either. And I'm willing to bet that it doesn't help much, either.
        The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

Hey look, I'm a zombie in the mornings. But even I, the inhabitant of a 3rd world country, know you put PLAIN BREAD in the toaster.
          The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

How pathetically sad that that sign is necessary.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

But how else am I going to get the Burned taste into my jelly if I don't start a fire in the toaster!?!?!
              I am a Blank Space for spacing purposes, ignore me.
              In order to treat someone as your equal, you first need to believe both: that they are your equal, and that you are their's.

Comment

I like the way the sign is practically begging.
                It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
                -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Thank you for that. Wallpaper'd!
                  You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

Comment

sadly there are some very smart people that do dumb things, hell I'm married to a phd chemist and he once ironed his clothing while wearing it. so book smarts and common sense are never one in the same
                    http://dragcave.net/user/LadyMage

Comment

My college also has those signs posted near every single toaster on campus. In my dorm freshman year, they had the kind of toasters in which you put your bread or bagel in a little slot in the top and it moves along under the heating element and comes out on a little slide on the bottom. Signs were posted near these toasters to the effect of, "please only toast plain bread in these, do not put sandwiches in or any condiments on your bread first." This was really sad because it was the academic honors dorm and I'm sure someone decided they really wanted their whole deli sandwich toasted, causing them to need to put up said signs.

Comment

Quoth RobotPlanet View Post
                        This was really sad because it was the academic honors dorm and I'm sure someone decided they really wanted their whole deli sandwich toasted, causing them to need to put up said signs.
                        I'd put my money on toasted cheese. Seriously. Just hearing about that made me think about "hmm... I wonder how that would work for a toasted cheese sammich..."

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Around here, the Quiznos... however you spell it.... sub sandwich places do exactly that to toast their sandwiches. But not all those rolling-belt toasters are created equally. I imagine that the cafeteria there has one not meant to have liquids spilling onto the heating element.
                          "Joi's CEO is about as sneaky and subtle as a two year old on crack driving an air craft carrier down Broadway." - Broomjockey

Comment

I saw a sign at Winn Dixie (grocery store for those not in the South East region) the other day that made me laugh. They basically had a clearance table set up for some items they discontinued. Tell me what's funny about this. The sign read as follows:

"Discontinued items that we no longer carry"

Comment

I've seen very smart people not know that you have to put a lid on a blender before you turn it on.

Comment

Working...
                              X