Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

See...this is why I use a toaster OVEN. I can toast my bagels with the jam and butter already on it (Mmm, slightly cooked apricot jam.....yummy~).

I have an inter-net friend that went to Berkley! Man, i hope she's not that dumb....
    Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Quoth MrSunshineState View Post
      "Discontinued items that we no longer carry"

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
      I have an inter-net friend that went to Berkley! Man, i hope she's not that dumb....
      The problem with this place is that you never can tell...
      "If life ain't just a joke, then why are we laughing?" - Gerard Way

Comment

I lived on the Honors floor in my dorm with a bunch of science-y majors, and met many many people who did not know how to do their own laundry, clean a bathroom, or even make ramen without help from mom and dad. I still ocassionally thank my mom for making me do chores, as I now know how to care for myself.
        "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

My former mother-in-law did absolutely everything for her son up until he turned 18.

And then, at that magic moment, he was supposed to suddenly know how to do all of that stuff for himself without any help from her.

She drove me nuts.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Many many book smart people are absolutely stupid when it comes to common sense or even basic know how in life.

I live in a large college town. This is a college you need a certain GPA at graduation from high school to get into yada yada....yet some of the idiocy I see in public makes me wonder just how they even know what state they live in.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

And suddenly I'm very grateful to my mother for teaching me how to do my own laundry and clean around the house, and at least gave me the basics for preparing food, even if I never turned into the enthusiastic chef she and my next-oldest sister are.
              "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
              - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
                And suddenly I'm very grateful to my mother for teaching me how to do my own laundry and clean around the house, and at least gave me the basics for preparing food, even if I never turned into the enthusiastic chef she and my next-oldest sister are.
                Heh...I did all the laundry for the house, mowed the lawn, and washed the dishes every week. Those were my chores. I also cooked breakfast and lunch on the weekends for my sister when she was little (5-6) and my mom had to go back to work. I make a mean omlet now, and I can cook them with all kinds of neat stuffings. I was ready to move out after college just so I had less work to do.
                The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Those toasters can be rather expensive too. Our college had one that was upright, and the 'belt' had ledges on it to hold your bread/bagel as it took it up through the heating element. Then it would slide down into a tray, all warm and toasty.

One year, I was a counselor at a gifted kids camp they held during the summers. One of this supposed geniuses thought it would be neat to see what it would do to an ice cream cone. Lessee... ice cream cone height at top: 1.5 - 2". Height of typical bagel: .5 - .75" Think it's gonna jam? If you said yes, you win! There was much smoke, but they managed to unplug it before it caught the thing on fire.

Naturally, we wanted to put the fear of God in this kid about ever doing this again, so we told him that if the toaster was damaged, his parents would be notified and they weren't going to be happy about having to foot the bill. You should have seen his face when the owner of the cafeteria told him the price: $900. The toaster turned out to be ok, but that kid was sweating bullets in the meantime. Mission accomplished.

There were a lot of antics like that the whole month. One kid thought it would be funny to shoot a super soaker into a smoke detector. Naturally, it shorts it out and the fire alarm goes off. Resetting the system did nothing because it was shorted, so it just kept going off over and over. Our solution? We made the kid stand there with his finger on the override switch until the repair man came, so the rest of the dorm could get some sleep (Unfortunately, I was given the watch detail.). Given that this was around midnight, that was nearly three hours. Of course, he claimed that he just 'sprayed it a bit' when he was shooting at another kid. Riiiiight... so where did the whole cup of water come from that the repair man dumped out of the detector?

Kids.... oy.
                  Last edited by IT Grunt; 04-15-2008, 06:22 PM.
                  A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

Working...
                  X