This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sucky Public Transit

Hello, I've been lurking here for a year and finally got around to joining. So I thought that since I see a lot of stories about public transit and its riders there should be a main thread. I looked and couldn't find one so I decided to start one.

1) Your backpack/grocery bags/ purse/ etc aren't paying for a seat. I, on the other hand AM. I would like to sit down after eight hours of work and don't think I should have to stand because you don't want to keep your bag(s) in the proper place.

2) If you want to talk to someone, MOVE TO WHERE THEY ARE!! There is no reason to shout from the other end of the bus!! You could probably hear each other better and wouldn't have to repeat everything THREE TIMES!!

3) That sign about giving up the front seats if someone comes with a wheelchair isn't there for decoration. And it applies to you, too. On a similar note, if the bus is crowded, give up your damn seat to the old lady with the oxygen tank.

4)Lastly, I sometimes take my smaller dog ( a Corgis puppy- he weighs about 15 lbs.) on the bus to go to the vet. he is in a carrier, one of those hard plastic ones, which is allowed. He is not a pit bull, he is not going to gnaw off the bars and go rabid on the whole bus. So stop pissing and moaning, lady. The reason he's yelping like that is because your daughter wont stop that screeching rendition of Alicia Keys. So tell your daughter to shut up, and he'll stop.

So... if you got this far, thanks for listening. I work in the lawn & Garden dept. of a hardware store, so I should be brimming with stories soon.

5) Don't pay any attention to what Dear Abby might, in fact, be doing to those Japanese teenagers.

oh hai!
    You can find me on Backloggery, Facebook, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube

Comment

Hee hee...when one gets as old as Dear Abby, do they have to wear Depends undergarments?

You should ask that next time you decide to write to her about her column Sage.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

It's not like I personally detest the "woman," but I felt to play off my original joke there.

Comment

Quoth gunsage View Post
          5) Don't pay any attention to what Dear Abby might, in fact, be doing to those Japanese teenagers. ... oh hai!
          Is there a connection here to the OP that I am missing?
          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

To a degree, yes. I used to have to do COTA a lot. Ultimately, you get all kinds of weirdos, rude bastards, and much more. I just try to ignore them and go about my business. Though, it was funny the one day that a dude I got arrested was on the bus...

Comment

Working...
            X