This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow... Just Wow...

I was reminded of this thanks to the "Managers, if you expect us to be there for an interview. You should be there too!!!" thread

Yesterday (Saturday) FES S and I decided we were going to go apartment hunting (this was NOT spur of the moment, we just happened to have the day off together, and had vague plans for hunting in Fort Worth) we met up at the Ridgmar Mall, and, I went early (like, 10:30 early) to walk the mall and check out prospective job openings, for both of us. S asked me to specifically get apps for her from Spencers and Hot Topic.
    I finally dug my pink portfolio out from behind my dresser (it slipped back there one day whilst I was cleaning) to stick my updated resumes in (and conveniently forgot to hand out... Doh!) A side note: my portfolio, besides being hot pink, is covered with Tinkerbell stickers (a surprise to everyone, I'm sure...)
    Anyway, I go into Spencers, and ask the only person there if I can get an app "for a friend?"
    Worker gets a relieved look on her face, and says, "Oh, good, I was hoping the Tinkerbell wasn't yours."
    *blink, blink* "Oh, no, it is mine. But I really am grabbing apps for a friend."
    And thanks for the warning that I would never, ever get along with you
    Mind you, after S and I met up, I told her what happened, and my mind started blitzing along, as I started to think: "Hmm... that's odd, surely working in a store like Spencer's, you'd get all sorts of off the wall coworkers? And she's worried I, a person who gives off the impression of being fairly straight laced, particularly when I'm actually dressed up (Admittedly, my black, button-up shirt hid my bra... but still, to the outside appearances, I was dressed well), have a folder with a fairy on it? Why the hell does she work there then?" Not that I cared, but at least now I know not to apply at Spencer's.

I did have some great luck at Earthbound Trading company, the guy running the register was very laid back, and printed me out two apps, and I just happened to be there when the manager of the store came back in, so we met and shook hands, and I told him a bit about my history. And I noticed another person come in who the guy running register seemed to know, and I made the leap to thinking him a worker there, and the register guy said his coworker looked relatively normal today, and I had to look. Beyond the slightly curly hair, and a few facial piercings...
    Something tells me I'd enjoy working there, too, beyond the incense.
    "I call murder on that!"

OOo, I hope you get that job.

But the dudette at Spencers? *glares at and slowly shakes her head* Not cool. What's her problem with you anyways?

*honestly, I don't see it but I don't know anything about you but I think you're pretty cool anyways.*
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
      What's her problem with you anyways?

I think you're pretty cool anyways.
      I couldn't even begin to fathom why a complete stranger had a problem with me and my possibly verboten love of a little pixie...
      *blushes* I found out last night at Rocky that I can actually be fairly popular in real life... I actually had another Transie who HAD to introduce himself to me (the second time that's happened at Rocky), after I responded to his general 'What's up?' with "Up is a direction."
      And the whole convo I had with a Virgin who was apparently there to see her brother.
      And then, S had to ruin it this morning by saying, well of course you can be popular with the Rocky people, they're used to the bizarre.

And *blushes* I'm cool? Why was I not made aware of this? My Mom never told me such lies...
      Last edited by Imogene; 04-15-2008, 12:11 AM. Reason: *shrug*
      "I call murder on that!"

Comment

.... Tink was a bitch.

Just sayin'

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

And then, S had to ruin it this morning by saying, well of course you can be popular with the Rocky people, they're used to the bizarre.
          What's wrong with that?
          "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post
            What's wrong with that?
            Besides her insinuating I couldn't cut it in the REAL real world, and implying I'm bizarre (which I freely admit to), it just seemed like she was trying to mess with me.
            And, Andara, yes, I know Tink was a bitch. And a homicidal smeg-head. But I still like her. She and Captain Hook and Maleficent together comprise roughly 58% of all my dreams of Disney villains.
            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
              Besides her insinuating I couldn't cut it in the REAL real world
              The real world sucks. If you can cut it in your own bizarro world and be happy. Go for it, I say.

Maybe you can't make it in the real world. But, honestly, how many of those that live in it really make it there? They're miserable, repressed, and generally having a bad time of it.

Quoth Juwl View Post
              and implying I'm bizarre (which I freely admit to), it just seemed like she was trying to mess with me.
              That's what friends are for.

---------------------

I presume when you go to Rocky that you dress up. Who do you go as?

I never went as anyone (only went a dozen or so times) ... but had a blast throwing toast, rice, and being a freak and a geek. I've been a huge Tim Curry fan ever since.
              "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                I couldn't even begin to fathom why a complete stranger had a problem with me and my possibly verboten love of a little pixie...
                *blushes* I found out last night at Rocky that I can actually be fairly popular in real life... I actually had another Transie who HAD to introduce himself to me (the second time that's happened at Rocky), after I responded to his general 'What's up?' with "Up is a direction."
                And the whole convo I had with a Virgin who was apparently there to see her brother.
                You're a Tranie?

<--- Never woudl have guessed.

WAY COOL! So you're that good at Rocky? Man, I adore Rocky. I wish I knew of a Rocky group near me so I can see it again.

Last time I went it was at a college; so you had to show ID to get in but it was great. I thought I wore normal clothing to the after party (short short shorts, black corset and a long long black jacket) and I kept getting stared at... .weird. oh well~ it was still fun!

Nothing wrong with being weird.
                Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Hey, Juwl...

I've never been to a Rocky show, even though I've seen the movie (for the first time last Easter!). I never know when shows are playing/coming to my area. Its sad.

Pray for us, as the hubs and I want to see one live.

Now.. as for the Spencer dudette....

She needs to be smacked upside the head with a clue by four. I can't believe such narrow-mindedness in Spencers, of all places. I mean.. its the store that carries the talking banana/pickle vibrator!!
                  "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                    You're a Tranie?

<--- Never woudl have guessed.
                    Heh. Not quite. I'm just good friends with a Transie (FES S is trying out, for the second time) Unless you're actually referring to my gender, in which case... kind of... I'm a gender-queer. I don't believe I should be male or female, and would love to have my own boobs, just to mess with people.

The real world sucks. If you can cut it in your own bizarro world and be happy. Go for it, I say.

I presume when you go to Rocky that you dress up. Who do you go as?
                    I love my bizzarro world. Me am Super Man! The only time I've ever let someone dictate my style was just after Diablo 2 came out, and I wandered into a GameStop to get the newest expansion for the Sims, and the girl working the counter talked me into D2 instead. What a f*cking mistake that was! My friend-at-the-time made me play co-op with him, and he had a nasty habit of killing me for fun. For unrelated reasons, he is no longer my friend.

I have to go as something?
                    I usually go as my inner bitch, but it doesn't always work out that way. *shrug*
                    However, that same question lead to a string of questions from a Virgin that garnered me two high fives.
                    This weekend is the Fetish show, and I'm gonna go in a kitty tail... Bright pink... with my riding crop, which S has already attempted to buy off me. And, if I get up the gumption, I might make whiskers...
                    If it goes over well, I'll probably continue to wear the tail every week...

I've been a huge Tim Curry fan ever since.
                    Imagine my surprise the first night I went (Mardi Gras theme night) and Frank N Furter sits down next to me, cause I just happened to be near where he enters the show! It took me a moment, and a hell of a lot of self-control, to realize it was him, and then not to scream like a fangirl and glomp him. And then, he threw his cape on me when he had to wander off for a moment!
                    Last edited by Imogene; 04-14-2008, 07:51 PM. Reason: Additional stuffs
                    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                      Heh. Not quite. I'm just good friends with a Transie (FES S is trying out, for the second time) Unless you're actually referring to my gender, in which case... kind of... I'm a gender-queer. I don't believe I should be male or female, and would love to have my own boobs, just to mess with people.
                      That's cool too.

Wow, so many different type of people on this forum; makes me proud to be here really.

Comment

Quoth AnqeiicDemise View Post
                        Hey, Juwl...

I've never been to a Rocky show, even though I've seen the movie (for the first time last Easter!). I never know when shows are playing/coming to my area. Its sad.
                        Hey.
                        Rocky in person, in a theater, can be either really f*cking spectacular, or absolute shit. It really depends on the crew.

And even then, in theater (known as a shadow cast) all you're getting is the movie playing on the big screen, and actors playing out the parts in front of you. You can't usually hear the actors, and they may not even be using the dialogue.
                        The ones you usually hear are going to be the Floorwalkers, and they're required to yell their voices hoarse, and they'll be making fun of the movie the entire way through. Hell, the audience is encouraged to make fun of the movie, too. Depending on the troupe, there might be nudity, there might not. The only constant I really have seen is it's usually female nudity, no full frontal. However, whoever plays Brad, when Dr. Scott is first spotted on the castle grounds, may be requested to open his robes for 'Male tit'... Other than that... there is little to no male nudity.
                        *pouts*

Can't believe I missed the easy line there...
                        "If you've only seen Rocky at home, that doesn't count, that's masturbation, and it's a sin!"
                        That's what our main floorwalker says when calling out the Virgins.
                        Last edited by Imogene; 04-15-2008, 02:12 AM. Reason: Missed! -100 points!
                        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Mmm... I used to be a regular Rocky attendee.

I also was something of a shoutmaster when I went. I knew all the lines, have impeccable timing, and my voice carries.

It was interesting, when I went to the 15th anniversary gig at Fox, how different regions did their shouts. They arranged the seating by region, so you'd be sitting with people who used essentially the same shouts.

I actually sat in for a bit of a show somewhat recently, and the shouts just made no sense. It's like they were 4th generation shouts that would only ever make sense if you know all of the shouts that came before. It just wasn't the same.

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                            I actually sat in for a bit of a show somewhat recently, and the shouts just made no sense.
                            Ever since I suggested to my friend in MO that I wanted to start a Rocky shadow cast with her, whenever we start living together, my mind has been building up this utopial idea, of building a diner, with enough room to play Rocky on a screen on weekends, and have the cast working at the Tavern... and other such stuff like that. I'd do my best to have the place built to look like Furter's castle, and that way, we wouldn't have to transport props and such... plus, *evil grin* We could mess with the customers...
                            And of course, if any of you guys lived in the area... I'd probably hire you, and I wouldn't be paying minimum wage after your trial weeks, assuming the cafe is doing well.
                            Last edited by Imogene; 04-17-2008, 03:25 PM. Reason: Stuff and fluff
                            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
                            X