This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I look like it?

I was knee deep in customers when our ticket machine went down. Which usually doubles our intake of customers and makes it miserable. I happened to look up between the sea of people and heard this:

CL (Confused lady)
    SL (Straightforward lady)

CL: What do I do? The machine isn't working.

In the meanest and loudest voice I've ever heard: Do I LOOK LIKE I WORK HERE?! Really, Do I??

CL ran away and SL got into the line.

I felt bad for CL but at the same time I understood a bit where SL was coming from but I would never have been that mean about it to anybody.

Yeah, obviously that person doesn't know the definition of politeness.
    I get the same thing everytime I walk into either supermarket in the mall I work in (even though one supermarket has a blue dress code, and the other has a green dress code), but I have no need to be rude about it.
    - Boochan

Comment

I was in a store once and this lady (nice older lady) was having trouble finding something (I think it was olives) and she asked me (14 at the time) where it was. I told her I didn't work there, but I shopped there all the time, can I help anyways?

The lady seemed sooooo happy, smiling up a storm and everything. I told her what isle the item was on and even told her that the same item was going on sale the next day (I had connections in the store and got the flyer a couple days early). She was even happier! it made my day.
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Working...
      X