Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah...but I'd resort to duct tape before I'd use animal sedatives...

(no I wouldn't do either one, just saying...)
    "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Personally, I was hoping someone called CPS on her. I can't even think of the words to explain how completely idiotic that was of the "mother".

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
        Poor man's ritalin?

Rapscallion
        Probably. It wouldn't be the first intelligent, imaginative child to be riegned in because parents and teachers misdiagnose boredom as ADD. Not that I have any experience there, or anything.
        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Shangri-laschild View Post

I'd go with toe-touches or jumping jacks, personally. Either wear the kid out so she doesn't case trouble, or (in the words of my father) "If you can't build brains, build brawn." (Any idea why I got straight A's in school? )
          Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

A year or two ago, there was a daycare in the news about this topic. Seems one of the workers duct taped a kid or three to the wall. I'm trying to remember, but I think the kids encouraged them to do it?? Not that it should ever happen, but I did chuckle a bit.
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
              Hey, I know a Kat who's getting her degree in Vet Sciences or something like that! ::shifty eyes:: You're not her, are you?
              Nope, I spell mine with a C. But there's actually a Kat also working for our hospital, so if your Kat lives in Georgia....

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
                A year or two ago, there was a daycare in the news about this topic. Seems one of the workers duct taped a kid or three to the wall. I'm trying to remember, but I think the kids encouraged them to do it?? Not that it should ever happen, but I did chuckle a bit.
                Actually, it was just last November.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Skandranon View Post
                  The vet hangs up, rubs his forehead. and turns back to the manager. "She was giving them to her son!"
                  Um...I'm pretty sure that's a felony. Perhaps someone in authority ought to be notified...?

Comment

....She was giving the kid dog sedatives? What on earth made her think that was an ok thing to do?
                    Some kids I've known...yeah, I'd want to do it, too. I still have some Ace from when I worked at the animal hospital in '99, and I still use it on my animals from time to time. Right now, the littlest Pom is getting a quarter a day to keep him from being too rambunctious while healing from a muscle strain.

Quoth Difdi View Post
                    Um...I'm pretty sure that's a felony. Perhaps someone in authority ought to be notified...?
                    I know it's a felony to share human prescription drugs, but I don't know about animal prescriptions, even though it's often the same medications.

BTW, I'm sure everyone already knows this, but do not ever give your dogs any OTC's that contain any pain reliever besides aspirin, and even that only with a vet's approval. And do not ever give your cats any OTC.
                    Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

A similar thing to story 2 happened to me the other day at the kennels where I work. It was just me and one of our german interns, F.
                      I had cut my hand on something, I don't recall what, so I pulled out the tube of polysporin we use for doggy injuries and put some on my cut.
                      I didn't realize that F, being from germany, had never seen poly before. His eyes got really wide and he stammered out somthing like "Is...is that safe for PEOPLE?"
                      Luckily I was able to reassure him that it was people medicine that we just happen to use on the doggies too.

Comment

Quoth Skandranon View Post
                        You need a refill why?

".......You did what?!"
                        "...Ma'am, I strongly urge you not to do that again. These pills are for SPOT. They are meant for dogs, not humans."

Okay, now I'm intrigued.

Yep, that's right, the lady decided her grade school son could benefit from the elderly dog's sedatives. *shudders*
                        She's giving her son a prescription medication that was not only not prescribed for him, but for a different species? This would be an appropriate situation for administering veterenary medication to humans - give the lady a shot of Euthanil.

Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

So the cat climbed into the safe?

Forget the racism and over-medicating of children and other FRATCHING comments.

That's the best part of the whole post right there.

Too funny. I was picturing it in my head and laughing.
                          Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Kitty bwuahaha. My landlord/downstairs neighbor's cats like to come up to my apartment and find new and exciting places to hide. I have to pull them out of the dryer and/or washer every single time I do laundry. One time I wake up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. I hear this "Mmmrurrrrrrr?" and look up to see a pair of eyes peeking over the tub. It was very awkward. But kinda cute. Kiiiiitty <3!
                            "I don't have to take this abuse from you, I've got hundreds of people dying to abuse me."
                            "Free at last from my vegetable prison!"
                            X-Strike Studios: Video game movies done RIGHT!

Comment

Working...
                            X