This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quite possibly the most pointless argument ever

Okay, so I just got back from the Golden Arches. I love this one particular McDonalds. I rarely eat fast food, but when I do, I always go to this location. They have NEVER made a mistake on my order EVER. (In the 10+ years I have gone there). They always keep the restaurant clean and up to date (it always looks brand new).

So they are super busy today but they are very efficient. Within 40 seconds of walking in, I placed my "To Go" order and stood in the line you wait in to pick up your food.

Enter this other couple. SC and SC's husband. Now, she wouldn't have been sucky at all if she didn't feel the need to make this pointless argument.....here goes.

SC walks in with her husband. There is no line to order food. So she walks past the order line and stands in the pick up line. I assume because she saw a line and assumed it was the right one. This isn't sucky at all, it is an honest mistake, but here is what transpired.

EMP: Employee of the "Order Line"
    SC: You know

EMP: Mahm, I can take your order over here.

SC: But this is the line!

EMP: Actually, that is the line to pick up your food. I am the line to order your food. There is nobody in front of you, I can take your order right now.

SC: No, THIS is the line!

EMP: Mahm, you can't order food in that line, those people have already ordered, they are waiting to pick up their food, you place your order with me. There is no wait. You're next.

SC: *overly dramatic sigh* This place is so unorganized. *SC proceeds to dramatically STOMP over to the other line*

Everybody in the pick up line, myself included, started snickering. Her husband looked pretty embarassed.

What a complete idiot. Employee is saying "come on over to empty line" and she is arguing with him. Just cannot believe how stupid people are.
    "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

If I was the employee, after a while I'd say something like "OK have it your way, stand there not ordering for as long as you like".

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
        If I was the employee, after a while I'd say something like "OK have it your way, stand there not ordering for as long as you like".
        Unfortunately, this incident happened at McDonald's, not Burger King, so it wouldn't be appropriate to tell the customer "Have it your way".
        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I'm surprised she didn't put up even more of a fight before giving in.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
            ...so it wouldn't be appropriate to tell the customer "Have it your way".
            I just *knew* someone was going to say that
            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
            X