This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The perky girl is jaded too =P

Note: I was still wearing my work-shirt, so she knew that I was in customer service also.

So I go to get food yesterday (California Pizza Kitchen... mmmm), and I walk up to the take-out counter. The girl working the register is SUPER perky and being EXTREMELY polite, which is a good thing, of course. (She was also kinda cute, but that's besides the point )

So I order and sat down at the end of the bar to wait for my food to get down. During this time she serves 3 other customers, and remains bubbly and energetic.

After the customers walked away, I jokingly asked

Me: "So does it get annoying to be that perky all the time?"
    Her: (also jokingly) "A little bit, yeah."

So even the crazy-bubbly ones are jaded deep down inside. Retail knows no bounds when it comes to crushing your spirit
    <Insert clever signature here>

Imagine a modern Spanish Inquisition. They wouldn't put you into an iron maiden and say "convert!"

They'd put you at the customer service desk in the middle of soccer mom territory and tell you that you can quit when you've converted.
    "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

I feel for the poor girl. I've had to pretend to give a shit for like, the last 8 months straight. It's too hard to do....I'm not as good of an actress as I once thought.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Lingering Grin View Post
        Retail knows no bounds when it comes to crushing your spirit

Very, very, VERY true.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

You know, every time I see those people in a store, I think they probably have a giant stuffed rabbit at home they take out all their anger and aggression on.. kind of like this.

No, no, not a blatant Shin Chan reference at all...
          Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

Quoth Lingering Grin View Post
            Me: "So does it get annoying to be that perky all the time?"
            Her: (also jokingly) "A little bit, yeah."

So even the crazy-bubbly ones are jaded deep down inside. Retail knows no bounds when it comes to crushing your spirit
            That reminds me of the perky tour guide Barbie at the end of Toy Story 2. "My cheeks are killing me!"
            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Reminds me of the Captain D's a few towns away. I always feel so bad for the girls who work their. They have to have the fake bubbly voice when ever they greet a customer and they have to greet everyone as soon as they are about 2 feet infront of the counter. Their scripting sucks.
              Honey and Thorns ~ Handmade Knit and Jewelry

Comment

Reminds me of Naomi from Waiting: the most hateful, bitter, combatative woman in the world...who hides it all behind a sacchrine smile and her tables all think is the sweetest girl ever.

Comment

Working...
                X