This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't stand so close to me

I was running a few errands at my local mall. I'd stopped to look at the selections at a bakery kiosk type place. So I was wandering back and forth, decided what I wanted to buy and turned to go to the counter where the CSR was...

...to come face to face with some stupid woman. We were so close we nearly kissed. It wasn't one of those ultra-crowded situations either, there was plenty of room to go past. Seriously, who stands that close to a complete stranger?

I wasn't at fault, but I apologised because that's the polite thing to do in those kind of situations. She replied "That's ok, happens all the time" and dissappeared around the corner. Then came back looking for a kid who was supposed to be following her and turned out to be inside the bookshop next to the bakery.

At least her response wasn't rude, heh.
    What bothers me the most in these sorts of situations is when I'm at work, carting stuff to and from our storeroom, which as I've mentioned before happens to be right across the other side of the mall (idiots). I go along with my trolley, making sure I leave huge amounts of clearance around people so I don't need to worry about some kid been mowed down by my trolley. Of course, many people don't understand this and give me the cat-butt face if I happen to move through a smaller area with people passing. Its a trolley FULL to the top with items, I'm walking faster then everyone else.. what do these people expect? >_<
    - Boochan

Comment

Maybe she's hoping she'll get lucky sometime.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

My personal space is an arm length radius
        Under The Moon Paranormal Research
        San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

If that happened to me, I'd check for my wallet, like, YESTERDAY.

Comment

Quoth powerboy View Post
            My personal space is an arm length radius
            As in, "If you can touch me, I can hit you"?
            I am a Blank Space for spacing purposes, ignore me.
            In order to treat someone as your equal, you first need to believe both: that they are your equal, and that you are their's.

Comment

Quoth Can I Help Your A$$? View Post
              That doesn't sound good...

I hate when people stand like an inch away from you in line, and they keep scootching up. Usually in that situation I stand with one leg far behind me so I can a least have some elbow room.
              wouldn't lube work better in a f***ing machine?
              ----
              Yes, that’s right. It’s a pair of gold foil headphones. Gold foil. Finally, headphones just as awful as your taste in music.

Comment

Quoth Can I Help Your A$$? View Post
                That, at least, wasn't a problem as my wallet was in my hand.

Comment

Quoth Nyx View Post
                  That doesn't sound good...

I hate when people stand like an inch away from you in line, and they keep scootching up. Usually in that situation I stand with one leg far behind me so I can a least have some elbow room.
                  That's when you break wind, or at least pretend to.
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I don't have personal space to speak of, as long as the person isn't inside the perimeter of my clothing, I don't really get freaked out by it. However, unless you're in the middle of a crowd, pushing up against someone like that is very rude.

I don't tolerate rudeness, and generally react to that form of it by semi-accidentally running into the rude person. My zanshin space is about twenty feet across, so I don't miss much...

Comment

Ah, yes. I rather like the 'accidental' running into of people who are way to freaking close.

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I actually do have a tendency of falling over onto people who are too close to me--bad balance due to bad hips. Now, does anybody really want 220 lbs landing on them, possibly bending a knee backwards or sideways? I didn't think so.
                        Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

I HATE having my personal space invaded. I get really really cranky, really really fast.

If I don't know you, don't touch me. You will get the "I will destroy you" look.

People are so rude. There is no reason to stand on top of someone else, especially in open areas.
                          I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

"That's okay, it happens all the time."?

Either she -wanted- to be there, or she needs to re-evaluate why it happens all the time.
                            Confirmed altoholic.

Comment

I have a phobia of being touched and I have a huge personal space bubble. My friend (who suffers the same fate) and I were at panda waiting for our food. I couldn't stand too close to her because it makes us both kinda uncomfortable but this woman behind me was practically up my ass. Quite literally. I could feel her breath on my neck. I tried to get a bit closer to my friend, screwed up and bumped the miss-too-close-to me-chest. The woman stayed silent but continued to practically shag my back.
                              Now, I couldn't really tell her to back off, I was in uniform. Hmmmph.

Comment

Working...
                              X