This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old man at the Super Saver

I was at a local grocery store with a friend and we saw an old SC in action.

Well, my friend saw all of it. What I saw was a container of french onion dip lying on the floor, opened, with dip splattered in a glob next to it.

According to my friend, he watched as this old man dug around all the dip containers, which were on the top shelf of the refrigerated case. My friend said he wasn't politely moving the containers around, he had shoved his arm to the back of the containers, knocking them all over in the process. One fell off the shelf onto the lower shelf and the other was the one I seen on the floor. Then, finding the one that he was satisfied with...he walked off. Not putting the shelf back together, not picking up the one that fell on the lower shelf and definitely not cleaning up the one on the floor. Not even getting a workers attention in order for it to be cleaned up. There was a stock person nearby who saw the container on the floor and headed to clean it up.

My friend said he so badly wanted to say something like, "HERE! Let me get that for you, sir!" or point out the fact that he thought people from his generation were all about respect.

I guess they all don't believe in the values of their generation.
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
    My friend said he so badly wanted to say something like, "HERE! Let me get that for you, sir!"
    Heh heh. The old "kill 'em with kindness" tactic.

I use that one a lot at work. Sometimes it embarrasses people into acting like decent human beings. Other people are shameless.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

My friend said he so badly wanted to say something like, "HERE! Let me get that for you, sir!" or point out the fact that he thought people from his generation were all about respect.
      Why didn't he?
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
        Why didn't he?
        Yeah, that's my question, too.

(don't worry, Becky... we can share)

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I like sharing.

Well, most things, anyway.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I think he didn't because shortly after we saw it, the store employee went over and picked it up.

I really wouldn't have wanted my friend to say anything - he's a pretty big guy - and can be rather loud and I really don't like scenes. He hasn't figured out how to put someone in their place politely yet....me on the other hand can do so in most cases with a twinkle in my eye.
            "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

We have customers who will dig to the back of the shelves to find the freshest item. One particular SC will destroy the display but said SC will not look at the date just assume the one in the back is the freshest. Once I saw him eying some product I was stocking, the takes were only 1 day apart so i stuffed the old ones in the back and new in the front. He went for the back to get the "fresh today" item, never check the date a walked off.

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
                We have customers who will dig to the back of the shelves to find the freshest item. One particular SC will destroy the display but said SC will not look at the date just assume the one in the back is the freshest. Once I saw him eying some product I was stocking, the takes were only 1 day apart so i stuffed the old ones in the back and new in the front. He went for the back to get the "fresh today" item, never check the date a walked off.
                I know this one just working in a store that sells batteries, and even other things that don't have an sort of expiration date (Like cables, remotes, toys even). People will ruin the display, reach around the back to get one and then not put the display back properly..
                Awful habit much?
                - Boochan

Comment

That "good old days" crap is crap. They weren't any better, and most of the time they were a lot worse.
                  Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                  HR believes the first person in the door
                  Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                  Document everything
                  CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

I guess they all don't believe in the values of their generation.
                    Don't ya know, that only applies to respect for them.

I once saw a woman standing on the product in the lower bin and pulling out sour cream or cottage cheese (some such item) from the way back. I was and I looked for an employee but it was walmart so there were none.
                    wouldn't lube work better in a f***ing machine?
                    ----
                    Yes, that’s right. It’s a pair of gold foil headphones. Gold foil. Finally, headphones just as awful as your taste in music.

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
                      That "good old days" crap is crap. They weren't any better, and most of the time they were a lot worse.
                      As a certified geezer I can confirm that a whole lot of the Good Old Days were actually pretty good. However the key thing is that they are old. Get over it and get on with it.

I'm pretty sure that many if not most nasty old pharts were nasty young pharts too.

I keep telling people that getting old is not the problem, it's the solution. Being old(er) though has some really sucky aspects. I'm sure it does turn many people sour.

Comment

Quoth Umingmaq View Post
                        As a certified geezer I can confirm that a whole lot of the Good Old Days were actually pretty good. However the key thing is that they are old. Get over it and get on with it.

I'm pretty sure that many if not most nasty old pharts were nasty young pharts too.

I keep telling people that getting old is not the problem, it's the solution. Being old(er) though has some really sucky aspects. I'm sure it does turn many people sour.
                        I agree. Getting old sucks, but it beats the alternative.

I'm starting to have deal with some of the sucky issues of getting older. (Details in the TMI forum. We do have one of those, don't we?) I find the best solution is to keep lots of non-sucky stuff in my life, like this forum. It helps to keep my mind off of the sucky stuff.

Of couse, I can also come here, read about other peoples' sucky stuff, and be thankful I don't also have their sucky stuff.

OT: Just on a lark, I visited www.suckystuff.com. It's several lines of Japanese writing which tells about dental implants, and a link to a Japanese dentist's web site. My wife is having that process done. The dentist's web site has a short animation showing the process.
                        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                        X