This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Mommy

As hubby I had a craving for fish and chips, I had to enter the nightmare that is the local whole food place to buy the rice flour that I use for the breading. This market is in the "rich" part of town, not a pair of real breasts or face capable of expression in sight.

I enter this domain and obtain my prize along with some dried fruit. I pay for my purchase and begin to leave when I overhear the following.

"Mommy I have to go potty" says small girl to her mother. Mommy is busy talking on her cell phone about her new Prada bag. Please note the restrooms are right by Mother and child. Mom waves her hand at her and continues. Girl again says she has to go, Mom says "Just hold it we will be home soon."

Aside, I have two kidlets and those of you how have them or have been around them for more than a hot minute know that when a child says "Gotta Go!" Drop everything and run don't walk. Well you can guess what happened, the flood gates opened. The "Mother" of the child sees this and promptly smacks the child and tells her what a bad girl she is and that she is loosing all of her toys for wetting herself. (Lady hope you got good insurance cause you are going to be paying for therapy for a LOOOOOOOONG time.

But wait there's more, Mom does not clean up mess or even alert a clerk, she walks out.

Even as a non parent single male I know that when a child says 'I need to go' that means Right. The. Hell. Now. Do not pass go, do not collect £200, get there sooner.

What a stupid woman.
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Well, when u gotta go then u go ANYWHERE...lol.

Comment

Gah. I hope that woman gets stuck in a serious traffic jam when she "has gotta go."

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I'd love to visit that part of town with a cattle prod and see if that sparks an expression on a Botox infested face.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Too bad CPS wasn't called.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Allegra I love your icon, the ducky is a nice touch. Seriously some people should not breed.
              How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

I once saw this at a supermarket. Mom, child (around 4) and grandmother. Kid tells mommy he has to go. Mom says wait. Grandmother says she'll take him.
                Mom says he can wait. Kid wets himself. Mom yells at him and spanks him.
                Grandmother yells at Mom, "Don't blame HIM for YOUR mistake"!
                I liked Grandma.
                "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Now that's a mother that should have had CPS called on her.

Comment

Like others have said, I will reiterate:

When a child says "Gotta go potty" (or similar phrases) it means you taking them to the bathroom is a priority. HIGH priority. I can't even think of something with a higher priority.

Oh wait...a higher priority is "I don't feel so good..." uttered by said child.
                    Answers are easy...it is asking the right questions which is hard.

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
                      What a selfish biotch.
                      fixed it for ya.

Seriously, when one of my kids declared it "potty time" that instantly became priority one, even if it meant leaving the store and going to find one with a bathroom. That's just cruel and selfish to expect a little kid to hold it like that.

Quoth daleduke17 View Post
                      Oh wait...a higher priority is "I don't feel so good..." uttered by said child.
                      When my second son was seven we had just gotten a new car - it still had that wonderful "new car smell" and everything. I pulled up in front of our house and parked - we were seconds from opening the doors and getting out - and he started to say "I feel sick"... it came out as "I feel " all over the seats and floor. Poor little guy. I comforted him at the time - I tease him about it now(he's 20).
                      Last edited by justZu; 04-30-2008, 01:12 AM.

Comment

I think I did something like that when I was 5 or so.

I came down with the Indonesian Death Flu or some such illness and was spewing from both ends so much I was becoming dehydrated. I couldn't keep anything solid or liquid down. My mom had me all packed up in the car to go to the hospital when I said something like "I'm going to throw up again."

Mom. Just hold on. I have to get something from....
                        Me: BARRRRRFFFFFFFFFF

Threw up all over myself and the front seat of the car. Car and me had to be cleaned up before I could go to the hospital.

I stayed in the hospital for a few days. Only time I've ever had to spend a night in the hospital.
                        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

It really pisses me off whenever a parent does that. Whenever I'm working and I hear a kid uttering that they have to go, I *always* tell the parent where the bathroom is. I don't care if I'm foiling plans of the parents to make the poor kid wait until they get home; it's so obnoxiously stupid and selfish to treat a kid (or any person) like that.

Comment

They also could have children like my Kelly who sings at the top of her lungs "I gotta go potty!" and does the "bathroom dance". I book it to the bathroom, and she does .... nothing. Absolutely nothing. Then when we get back to the Daddy & the cart, 5 - 10 minutes later, she does the same thing.

However, for the record, every time she does the song & dance, I take her. No matter what.

Comment

yep, a child says they need to go or don't feel well...TAKE NOTICE and do the right thing.

why these people have kids when it 'interferes with what they wish to do' is beyond me.

i've never come across a child who was playing when they said either one, but the parents did, and a mess was the result.

*sigh*
                              look! it's ghengis khan!
                              Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Working...
                              X