This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No rainchecks!

Some of you might know I'm a pretty avid couponer. I'm not one of the annoying or sucky ones, however. I follow the rules and I try to go at off peak times so as not to create too much havoc for the cashiers.

Anyway, early this morning I went over to Walgreens to take advantage of the large soft-soap handwash for 99 cents. I also had a manufacturers coupon for an additional 35 cents off. I try to go early on Sunday because most of the sale items are newly stocked and there aren't any crowds.

So I look for the item and the shelf is completely bare. Thinking perhaps they have them on display, I ask a clerk who is stocking some items in the next aisle, in cosmetics. She says she doesn't think the truck came in with the item. This is what happens from there:

Me: "Oh, ok. Should I ask the cashier for a raincheck or do you need to do that since its part of this aisle?"

Her: "Oh, well there's a truck coming in Wednesday, there should be some on that shipment."

Me : (thinking, ok...so what?) Ok, so should I just go on up to the cashier and have her make me out a rain check?"

Her: "We can't give a raincheck if a shipment is due in the same week."

Me: ....

Her: ....

Me: "Ok, thanks."

I get a couple other sale items and go on up to the cashier. I ask her politely for a raincheck and she issues me one without further ado.

I always check the ad to see if there is a 'no rainchecks' disclaimer like some places do on super deals, and there wasn't.

Bottom line, I'm not sure if she was sucky, lazy or just misinformed. She really didn't have an attitude, per se - just kinda didn't seem to care.

Don't get me wrong, I can certainly relate. But I have to at least PRETEND to care, especially if a customer is being cool about something and not pitching a fit. I certainly wasn't, I just was - and still am - a little confused.

"So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

You can use coupons with sale items?? Really??

Wholy Snap! And here I thought you couldn't do that!
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I'm guessing lazy. Or doesn't give a damn.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I hate rainchecks -- almost every single time my family gets one, they don't get the product in for like a month - then we forget about it.

Comment

Me: "Oh, ok. Should I ask the cashier for a raincheck or do you need to do that since its part of this aisle?"

Her: "Oh, well there's a truck coming in Wednesday, there should be some on that shipment."

Me : (thinking, ok...so what?) Ok, so should I just go on up to the cashier and have her make me out a rain check?"

Me: ....

Her: ....

Me: "Ok, thanks."
          What kind of stupid policy is that? (assuming it even exists)

But then again, my store doesn't know what's going to be on a truck until the manifest is downloaded from the DC. Even then if the item is expected to be on the next truck we issue a raincheck anyway.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
            Bottom line, I'm not sure if she was sucky, lazy or just misinformed. She really didn't have an attitude, per se - just kinda didn't seem to care.

:
            I think lazy is the word here. It didn't seem like this person put that much effort into helping you, and did not want to be bothered with the extra work.

Comment

Walgreen policy is to make the customer happy

Quoth Peppergirl View Post

This Employee needs to be educated on Walgreens policy. She obviously hasn’t read the seven service basics that is posted in every Walgreens break room. She failed 1,2,3,6 and 7 of the service basics with one customer. She was on a roll. It looks like this employee is just being lazy and doesn’t want to do her job.
              (The seven Service Basics are attached.)

I have been with Walgreens for 8 years and this is not the policy.

We give a rain check even if the truck is there today and we haven’t finished unloading. We give rain checks if the computer says its in the store but we cant find it. We give rain checks if the customer is looking for a particular flavor or scent and we have all but the on he/she wants. We also offer to look up in the computer if other stores locally have it in stock. The only thing I cant give a rain check for is a seasonal item that we wont be getting in, but I would be happy to try to find it at another store.

Walgreens Seven Service Basics?

1. Nobody Waits at Walgreens. (Customers come first. Put other things aside when customers are ready to purchase their items.)

2. In Your Aisle, Gets a Smile! (Anytime you're near customers, look directly at them, smile and greet them with a friendly, pleasant "hello.")

3. It's No Problem! (Accept a customer's problem as your problem. Don't stop working on it until it is solved, or until someone else takes responsibility.)

4. The Phone's for You! (Answer the phone by the third ring, and never keep a customer on hold for more than 60 seconds.)

5. Company's Coming! (Make the store clean, neat and orderly -- as you would for company in your home.)

6. See You Soon! (Let all customers know they're important and encourage them to come back soon!)

7. Surprise! (Most customers don't expect you to go out of your way to help. Surprise a customer with extra-good service and you'll win loyalty.)

Comment

Quoth lbgoofy View Post
                Walgreens Seven Service Basics?

1. Nobody Waits at Walgreens. (Customers come first. Put other things aside when customers are ready to purchase their items.)

4. The Phone's for You! (Answer the phone by the third ring, and never keep a customer on hold for more than 60 seconds.)
                What do you do if your on your way to the phone (second ring) and a customer asks you for help -- or you put the customer on hold, and you get another customer asking you for help while you're looking for the phone one?

Just tell them "you're with another customer?" And the rules don't apply as much because you're dealing with 2 customers not just one?

Comment

Quoth JLRodgers View Post
                  What do you do if your on your way to the phone (second ring) and a customer asks you for help -- or you put the customer on hold, and you get another customer asking you for help while you're looking for the phone one?

Just tell them "you're with another customer?" And the rules don't apply as much because you're dealing with 2 customers not just one?
                  Sounds about right, JLR, but then again we all know what happens if it makes sense...
                  ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                  And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Working...
                  X