Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wherein Game Crazy smashes a kid's hopes and raises mine.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wherein Game Crazy smashes a kid's hopes and raises mine.

Sorry GK, stealing the title format, it just works so well.

Was at Game Crazy when I overheard a most amusing exchange.

K-Kid
    C1-Clerk 1
    C2-Clerk 2

K: Do you do have <insert violent game here, can't remember what it was>?
    C1: Yes we do, right over there.
    Kid goes over to look, then leaves (possibly to get more money)
    C2 to C1: You weren't seriously gonna sell him that were you?
    C1: Course not, but do you know how satisfying it is to see their hopes raised and slammed into the asphalt?

I may have to put in an apllication here.
    Pretend there's something here that sounds insightful, but is really just some pseudo-intellectual bull.

Quoth Skrae View Post
    C1: Course not, but do you know how satisfying it is to see their hopes raised and slammed into the asphalt?
    Awesome response.
    I couldn't stand working in a game store during summer, or any other time that their would be heaps of school age children nearby. Would be hell IMO, you'd sure learn how to be very, very twisted very quickly.
    - Boochan

Comment

What if I already am though? Nothing but free time will do the same thing to ye.
      Pretend there's something here that sounds insightful, but is really just some pseudo-intellectual bull.

Comment

The best is the 15 or 16 year old boys who slap the M games on the counter and try to give off the "I'm tough shit!" demeanor.

"I'm sorry, is your mom with you?"
        Would you like a Stummies?

Comment

i put in applications at local gamestores, but given my 'i won't take your crap' attitude + the general 'my little angel can do no wrong' attitude = firing within a month or two.

maybe less.

the sheer joy of watching their faces shrivel as their souls get crushed would be worth it, though.
          look! it's ghengis khan!
          Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
            'i won't take your crap' attitude + the general 'my little angel can do no wrong' attitude = firing within a month or two.
            I lasted a month at Game Stop. And I left once I realized the SM wasn't going to give me a fair shake at anything.
            "I call murder on that!"

Comment

I love watching the 15-16 year olds throw a hissyfit when I am not legally allowed to sell them the game.
              They say crime doesn't pay. That must mean what I'm doing at work is illegal.

Comment

every town has to have at least one store that doesn't check IDs

we have one here, and they happen to have a pretty damn good selection. and most stores have a couple cashiers that don't check

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                  I lasted a month at Game Stop. And I left once I realized the SM wasn't going to give me a fair shake at anything.
                  I've been tempted to apply there, but given the general entitlement complex the kids in this town (and some parents) seem to have, I wouldn't even last that long.
                  "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                  "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

I wonder if stuff liked that happened today and last night with the release of Grand Theft Auto IV.

I'm older than the rating requires minimum. So I bought one, knowing I'll have to turn it off when my nephew finds out about Mario Kart Wii which I got as well.

I also noticed a group of three people at Wal-Mart unhappy with the clerk because they didn't have the special edition in stock, and said they were going to go to the futureshop on the other side of the plaza.

I almost said. Don't get mad at her, you won't get one there either. I was just there 10 minutes ago and scooped the last one up. (I didn't but they don't know that, and it's true that they didn't have any left.) The copy would have been in my mom's car and not with me.

I was surprised though that I didn't get asked for ID. My sister who's four years older than me is still asked for ID sometimes.

Comment

I had a sneaky pre-teen in Wal-Mart try to buy an M-rated game (I think it might've been God of War or whatever). He apparently had already tried in the Electronics section and been shot down, because he brought the game up to my register in the front.

I scanned the game and the register prompted for an age check. I glanced at the kid. Kid looked 10, tops, not the minimum 17 required. So I asked if he was over 17. He shook his head "no" (wow, honesty!). So I asked if the lady who had just bought stuff before him and was still standing there was his mom. He nodded. Then I turned to the lady.

The kid turned white as a sheet.

I asked the woman if that was her son and she nodded, and I asked if it was okay for him to purchase this M-rated game, explaining that it was rated such for violence (I checked the back). She shook her head and glared at her son, who had gone even whiter, if possible. I put the game behind my till where the kid couldn't reach it and canceled out the age-check, and mom and son left. I paged for Electronics to come collect the game, since there was a chance it needed to go back into the locked displays.

The Electronics employee came up and, when she saw the game, regaled me with how she'd already refused the sale and how the kid had some nerve to try to buy it up at the front registers right after that.
                      "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                      - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
                        I asked the woman if that was her son and she nodded, and I asked if it was okay for him to purchase this M-rated game, explaining that it was rated such for violence (I checked the back).
                        And nudity, both subtle and overt. Bare breasts everywhere... blood, gore... yeah, that particular game has everything but cussing (and it gets damn close)
                        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                          And nudity, both subtle and overt. Bare breasts everywhere... blood, gore... yeah, that particular game has everything but cussing (and it gets damn close)
                          Oh, hey, don't forget the sex mini-games!

Yeah, God of War is one of the games we will not be allowing in the computer room at the conventions.

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Holy cow. ::retroactively gives stern Mommy Look (tm) to the 10-year-old:: Yeah right am I letting you buy that without your mom's approval, punk.
                            "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                            - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Working...
                            X