This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woman in her Jaguar in Boca Raton

As I was driving home from work yesterday, this woman in a shiny new Jaguar came right up on my bumper, with her high beam headlights flashing. This was her message for me to get the hell out of her way, which I could not do because I had cars on either side of me. Now, the speed limit on this road was forty-five, and I was doing ten over that, which was not fast enough for this lady. After about a minute of this, I slowed down, then moved over to the right lane to allow her to pass. After she passed me, I bopped right back into the other lane, and decided to continously shine my high beams at her. Did this for about a mile or so, and she could not get down the road fast enough to get away from me.

I love poetic justice!

I live in Florida and shining your beams like that within a certain range of another vehicle is against traffic law. The FHP will pull you over for it so be careful.
    I don't have an anger problem! I have an idiot problem!-Hank Hill

Comment

Quoth donruss View Post
      I live in Florida and shining your beams like that within a certain range of another vehicle is against traffic law. The FHP will pull you over for it so be careful.
      I know it is, and chances are, the way I operate, I would be the one caught while this bitchy woman in her $70,000 tank gets away after she's the one who instigated it.

You what's funny? Half of Florida must have fines to pay since over half of them do shit like this anyway. Many of them are the under twenty year olds, too.

Comment

Quoth greensinestro View Post
        As I was driving home from work yesterday, this woman in a shiny new Jaguar came right up on my bumper, with her high beam headlights flashing.
        Gotta love the idiots in expensive cars. BMW, Porsche, and Mercedes drivers do that constantly here in PA. Same cars also apparently have non-functioning signals--I have *yet* to see one in use on one of those cars And no, most people do *not* get out of their way. As far as I'm concerned, the moment some idiot tries to blind me...I use my mirrors and point the light right back at them

It's also illegal to flash your lights here in PA too--cops will pull you over for it.
        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

We were tailgated by some "whore" in a minivan the other day. We did the speed limit, yet, she tried to swerve around us and get by, but my wife kept in front of her. We get to a stop sign and turn right, followed by the "whore". The speed limit was 35 on this road, and to piss off the "whore", my wife did 30, trapping her for the mile long ride to the next stop sign.

We turned right again and was followed by the "whore", only for her to pull into a neighborhood and get away from us.

We were driving normally until provoked. I hate drivers.

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
            . Same cars also apparently have non-functioning signals--I have *yet* to see one in use on one of those cars
            They're optional extras, it doubles the price of the vehicle so noone buys the option pack for it.

A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

You realize that you could have caused an accident with your "poetic justice," right?

Comment

When I had a functioning car, my last few miles (out of town) always used to include being followed by some idiot with their brights on, or someone coming from the other direction that way.

There are a lot of morons around here who just drive with them on when it gets dark out, and never remember to dim them when behind someone or approaching someone. Most of the time though, they just drive with them on because they are scared. Just like my mom does.

I keep trying to preach that you cannot drive around like that...
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Jewels View Post
                  You realize that you could have caused an accident with your "poetic justice," right?
                  See? That's what I'm talking about. This woman was the one who instigated this, and could have actually caused an accident herself. Yet, I'm the asshole here because I was doing it to her! The innocents always suffer. Oh, well.

Comment

See? That's what I'm talking about. This woman was the one who instigated this, and could have actually caused an accident herself. Yet, I'm the asshole here because I was doing it to her! The innocents always suffer. Oh, well.
                    I don't know if an accident was all that possible, but stooping to her level wasn't the right thing to do, IMO.

If you were to be the one to be pulled over for flashing your brights, the cop wouldn't know or care that the lady in the Jaguar did it to you first. It's like when you get pulled over for speeding--you can't say "So-and-so was doing it so why did you pull me over?"

I would've just gotten out of her way and let the Jaguar lady barrel right into a traffic ticket.
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I must agree with IPF. We cannot stop people from behaving like that on the roads and having no regard for anyone else, but what we CAN do is get out of their way and be safe while they set themselves up for a speed trap or wrap themselves around a telephone pole.

Trust me, nothing is going to teach inconsiderate drivers a lesson. Sometimes even tickets or accidents don't stop them. But as long as you do everything in your power to keep yourself and whomever with you safe, you've done your part.
                      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I've always hated drivers that use the brights like that. I have a spotlight that plugs into the lighter socket. So many times I've been tempted to aim at them and turn it on. They'd probably crash and get hurt and I'd be in trouble and I just don't care enough to bother man.
                        GFY

Comment

.... actually i someone came up behind me going fast and flash ther high beams at me, i would probably freak out and slam on my breaks... and hurt inara the car... i may have to kill her if she hurt inara the car...

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                            I don't know if an accident was all that possible, but stooping to her level wasn't the right thing to do, IMO.

If you were to be the one to be pulled over for flashing your brights, the cop wouldn't know or care that the lady in the Jaguar did it to you first. It's like when you get pulled over for speeding--you can't say "So-and-so was doing it so why did you pull me over?"

I would've just gotten out of her way and let the Jaguar lady barrel right into a traffic ticket.
                            Maybe so, but I'd like to see how many others would say this if they lived where I do, and dealt with the troublemakers we have down here. Before moving to South Florida, I lived in Jacksonville, FL and I felt I was a pretty decent person until I found out that decency doesn't cut it here. I do my best not to be the one who provokes the problems though.

By the way, the FHP and local cops actually prefer pulling over people in expensive, shiny cars. I drive a four year old SUV and often do the speed limit so I don't attract attention, let alone try to save on gasoline.

Comment

Maybe so, but I'd like to see how many others would say this if they lived where I do, and dealt with the troublemakers we have down here.
                              Well, I live in Philadelphia and commute out and then back in to the city every day. I see my fair share of assholes. Two days ago, I saw a car run not one, not two, not three, but FOUR red lights (and probably continued to run more as he was out of view); apparently to this guy having your hazard lights on gives you the right to run a light.

Retaliating against a driver that has slighted you is really bad idea. Get out of the jerk's way, curse him out if you want, but don't stoop to their level.

Comment

Working...
                              X