This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
    So, lemme get this straight. She does it to you, she's an asshole. You do the exact same thing to her, you're an innocent. You think you deserve special consideration for your actions because of where you live.

I'm not even going to bother saying it at this time. I'm going to just point out that CS in no way condones revenge, which this qualifies as.
    Innocent, to me, is the one who was minding their own business and doing the posted speed limit. Sure, I stooped to her level by doing it back, so fine, I can be classified as an asshole, too. If you dealt with these kind of people on an every day basis as I do, you would sooner or later decide it's time to stop being polite and courteous, and it's time to give them a dose of their own medicine. As I stated, after it was done to her, she couldn't get away from me fast enough. The message was sent.

Comment

Quoth froglet View Post
      I think I would of had to pull over and laugh my ass off. I wouldn't have been able to drive after seeing that.

I just slow down when someone is tailing me, especially with there brights on. I' readjust my mirrors and my seating a little and just ignore them. Living with my hubby, I have gotten really good at ignoring. I'll give them a salute when they go by. Drivers around here don't understand what a double yellow line means,
      Woman are like guns, if you don't treat us right, we'll blow up in your face!

Pain is your bodies way of telling you that you're still alive.

I am also known as Liquid Skin and Silkekitten.

Comment

Quoth greensinestro View Post
        Thank you for your support. And if you guessed it's on US 441 around Glades Road, you would be correct.

No problem. And yes...441 was one of my guesses although there are about 6 roads that you can do 45 on. I live on the ONLY one where you can do 50.
        www.myspace.com/queenofevrything

Comment

Quoth greensinestro View Post
          Innocent, to me, is the one who was minding their own business and doing the posted speed limit. Sure, I stooped to her level by doing it back, so fine, I can be classified as an asshole, too. If you dealt with these kind of people on an every day basis as I do, you would sooner or later decide it's time to stop being polite and courteous, and it's time to give them a dose of their own medicine. As I stated, after it was done to her, she couldn't get away from me fast enough. The message was sent.
          Seriously dude, we all put up with crap at our jobs day in and day out, and and that's why this site exists. Yet we don't go off on customers, and we feel bad for doing it when we do, usually, even if just because we let them get to us. And you feel justified in this case, because you put up with it on a regular basis, and took disciplining another driver into your own hands. It was reckless and potentially dangerous. Extremely uncool.
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

When someone tailgates me and flashes the bright filaments of the lights on the front of their car, I flash the bright filaments of the lights on the back of my car - i.e. tap the brakes (just enough to trip the lights). If they're persistent, I might (briefly) hit the pedal hard to give them (in their shiny new money-mobile) a close view of the back end of my beater.

What I'd like to get is a scrolling LED display for my rear window, hooked into my speedometer and some sort (sonar, radar, laser, sylph with a measuring tape, etc.) of rangefinder. Then, if someone started tailgating, I'd hit a button to scroll a message "Minimum safe following distance at current speed x metres. Maximum safe speed at current following distance y km/h. You decide."
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
              What I'd like to get is a scrolling LED display for my rear window, hooked into my speedometer and some sort (sonar, radar, laser, sylph with a measuring tape, etc.) of rangefinder. Then, if someone started tailgating, I'd hit a button to scroll a message "Minimum safe following distance at current speed x metres. Maximum safe speed at current following distance y km/h. You decide."
              That'd be a really cool set up, though difficult to set up now that I put a lot of thought into it. You'd need some sort of program to auto-calculate the distances and speeds. As I'm not a programmer, it's well beyond my capabilities to figure out what you'd need. An LED display in the back window'd be useful though. You can even scroll a thank you for people who let you in to traffic.

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                That'd be a really cool set up, though difficult to set up now that I put a lot of thought into it. You'd need some sort of program to auto-calculate the distances and speeds. As I'm not a programmer, it's well beyond my capabilities to figure out what you'd need. An LED display in the back window'd be useful though. You can even scroll a thank you for people who let you in to traffic.

You'd need a GPS (speed) unit, one of those tapeless measuring devices (available from B&Q) (for distance) and a processer to put it all together, its actually quite difficult because the minimum distance between two cars is two seconds rather than a set distance...

(try saying the following at normal pace
                "only a fool breaks tha two second rule"
                Start when the car in front passes a immovible object, if you get to said object before you've finished you're too close...)
                A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
                  You'd need a GPS (speed) unit, one of those tapeless measuring devices (available from B&Q) (for distance) and a processer to put it all together, its actually quite difficult because the minimum distance between two cars is two seconds rather than a set distance...
                  Actually, I think it being 2 seconds rather than a varying distance would ease calculations. 50Km/h would make the distance 28 m. Just take the speed and divide by 360 to go from hours to seconds, and move to the appropriate unit of measure, and multiply by two. Or just divide by 180, I guess. A calculator program would do it handily. Take the speed from the speedometer, have the calculator program grab it, Then just pipe the output into the LED's program. Goes in reverse for the tapeless measure. Multiply by 180 to get speed.

Comment

Quoth crazylegs View Post
                    As I understand it, it's supposed to be 3 seconds now. Which is rather a joke, since if you have anything more than 1 second between you and the car ahead of you, you will have people cutting in front of you constantly. At least in the Los Angeles area, anyway.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                    X