• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the shining city on the hill is starting to tarnish

first off, kudos to anyone who knows which movie that is from

and now onto why this is a sighting

the utah transit authority is turning stupid

on monday I went to ride one of the new front runner trains. on the way downtown I got on a trax train at my normal station... I got on at 9:15 and boy was I surprised to see they were only running two car trains... I'll get to how that is sucky/stupid later. On the way into downtown, at central pointe the doors at the back of the train stuck open and it took the operator over 5 minutes to get the doors to close manually so he could put out of order stickers on it... and sadly at all the stations people still tried to use the doors.

now the other part of the suck... after the original TRAX line opened the trains were overloaded from day one... you'd think that UTA would have figured out that guess what, train lines do well in utah... you'd be wrong... the front runner trains opened and from day one they were already standing room only and they don't have enough cars to runner longer trains. Oh and it gets better, at the same time they opened front runner they opened a TRAX extension. This extension requires 4 new trains to maintain the current schedule... rather than buying new cars they decided just to run shorter trains... OK, WTF, you are opening a TRAX extension and Frontrunner are supposed to have 10,000 new riders a day and they are running shorter trains

though on a brighter note, watching comedy central I noticed the commercial for Lewis Black's new show includes a review for the Salt Lake City Weekly... yay, we made it on the map for something other than temple square (granted, I really like temple square, but for the love of God, I'd like my town to eventually be known for something other than that).
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
    though on a brighter note, watching comedy central I noticed the commercial for Lewis Black's new show includes a review for the Salt Lake City Weekly... yay, we made it on the map for something other than temple square (granted, I really like temple square, but for the love of God, I'd like my town to eventually be known for something other than that).
    Hey, you're also in spitting distance of Ogden Air Force Base. They do all kinds of cool computer tech there for the USAF.
    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
      Hey, you're also in spitting distance of Ogden Air Force Base. They do all kinds of cool computer tech there for the USAF.
      psst... it's now called Hill Airforce Base... and yes, they do have a lot of cool stuff up there... though on the bright side, we also have what may be the best kept secret in the country the Lagoon Amusement Park... 5 roller coasters, dozens of thrill rides, kids rides, and liesure rides, a full water park, and a recreation of a pioneer village... and it's only like $35 ($5 off admitance on weekdays before noon if you have a coke can coupon). I'll be honest, I hope that Utah is never known for that because I like not having to fight huge crowds like DisneyLand (and now it is possible for me to get there for free, I just found out that through August I can use my EdPass to ride Frontrunner for free... Yay)

Comment

Re: Trains...

Re: Temple Square... I love Temple Square. I'm only sad my camera is a piece of crap and I couldn't get better photos around Christmas. Maybe I'll have to ask my friend who has the nice camera and tripod and still lives in Orem....

Re: Lagoon... dangit! I knew I should've made more of an effort to actually go there!

Though really, if there's any reason for me to go to Utah again in the near future, it's to visit my grandparents in Moab and hike Arches yet again.
        "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
        - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Boy do I miss lagoon! I might have to make an effort to take the kiddos there when we go down for a wedding.. hmmm
          It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. -Office space

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
            Re: Trains...

Re: Temple Square... I love Temple Square. I'm only sad my camera is a piece of crap and I couldn't get better photos around Christmas. Maybe I'll have to ask my friend who has the nice camera and tripod and still lives in Orem....

Re: Lagoon... dangit! I knew I should've made more of an effort to actually go there!

Though really, if there's any reason for me to go to Utah again in the near future, it's to visit my grandparents in Moab and hike Arches yet again.
            first, yup... it's almost enough to make one want to take the bus...

second, I have lots of pics of temple square... I don't think I have any from Christmas time period, but PM me if you want me to send some (and now I have another thing on my to do list this winter)

third, it doesn't take any effort anymore... from salt lake, hop onto the closest trax train, transfer to frontrunner at salt lake central 2 stops later your at the Farmington station where a shuttle takes you right to the park.

Comment

Working...
            X