This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mmmmm Taco Bell Dog

Yesterday a friend and I decided to eat at Taco Bell. We get our food, sit down to eat. Here we are, about half way through our meal, when we heard a strange noise (coming from the KITCHEN).

It was a dog.
    Barking.
    Loudly.

The staff then proceeded to talk and whistle to the dog.

We hurried up, finished what we had left (wasn't much) and high"tail"ed it out of there. You better BELIEVE we called corporate... even made THEM speechless for half a sec.

Forgot to add this part, I found it amusing anyways. I told a friend of mine about the dog in the restaurant. He said, "The dog was just in there to help chase the cats into the grinder!."
    Hell yeah!
    86.49%
    Probably.
    10.81%
    Maybe.
    0.90%
    Probably now.
    0.00%
    No way!
    1.80%
    Last edited by SilverOrb; 04-30-2008, 11:11 PM. Reason: Added the part in green... A little bit extra I thought was amusing.
    "Hi, this is Silver. How may I lose my self respect in order to cater to your over- inflated ego today?" --- Silverrb

I love dogs - very much so. Still, it's a blatant health code violation to have a non-service animal in a restaurant, especially in the kitchen. If they're willing to ignore one aspect of the health code, chances are that they are violating the code in other ways, too.

I would have reported them, too.

Comment

I'm glad you called corporate.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglĂłid

Comment

I probably would've called the police (as an "animal control" if nothing else) and the health department as I was still inside, then after I left corporate.

Comment

i agree. if they don't care about an obvious health code rule then they prolly are teh fail at many others.

and while you're at it... might as well call the local health board too and file a complaint.

Comment

I can't believe one person voted No Way!

Personally I'll never eat at Taco Bell because of what my brother's friend who used to work there told me. Apparently there would be maggots in the meat at the end of each day.
            I don't know how they were getting in there but I do know my brother's friend was told to still use any meat not directly containing maggots.
            Never, never, never, EVER will I eat there.

Comment

Not all Taco Bells are that bad. I know several people who all work at a Taco Bell/Pizza hut combo store. They eat the food there with no problem. Even ex-employees still go there to eat and hang out.

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
                I can't believe one person voted No Way!

Personally I'll never eat at Taco Bell because of what my brother's friend who used to work there told me. Apparently there would be maggots in the meat at the end of each day.
                I don't know how they were getting in there but I do know my brother's friend was told to still use any meat not directly containing maggots.
                Never, never, never, EVER will I eat there.
                Well if you take maggots out then you'll remove any nutritional value Taco Bell food has.
                "I don't have an anger problem I have an idiot problem!" - Hank Hill

When in deadly danger, when beset by doubt, run around in little circles, wave your arms and shout!

Comment

As long as the maggots stay out of the chicken, I'm good. I'm rather liking their chicken tacos right about now.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I wouldn't have reported them(I don't like to snitch), but i'm not saying you shouldn't have

now I know what the lumpy stuff in my taco was....

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
                      I'm just about completely certain that guy was yanking your chain. I can't possibly believe that such a situation would be able to pass a health check.

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Ahem...for those who want to know http://www.spiesonline.net/restaurant-inspection.shtml

Comment

I probably wouldn't have, but I'm a filthy person who tends to ignore H&S :P
                          Linux user (Debian and Kubuntu)
                          Programmer in C and perl!

I'm "only" 16 but do NOT try and outskill me with machines

Comment

Gross.

I am very, VERY laid back and tend to abhor 'tattling' on service workers too, but DAYUM - that's just wrong on SO many levels.

I'd have totally reported it.
                            "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Hell yes, report them! A DOG in the kitchen?!?! Holy cow, I would never eat at that location again, hell, I might even report them - you get a store number?

Now, I have to say something about maggots in the beef. The ONLY way that is even possible is if they were allowing flies to congregate on their line. The beef is vacuum sealed in a bag, which is then dropped into 195 degree water for 30 minutes. That alone would kill anything in it. I may be wrong, but iirc, maggots are fly larvae, and it takes like 12-24 hours for them to even hatch and BE maggots. Simply not likely.

I love Taco Bell, even after 4 years I still eat it.
                              "You mean you don’t have the one piece of information you actually need? Well, stick your grubby paws in the crayon box, yank one out and colour me Fucking Shocked Fuchsia." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
                              X