This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new low? (Gross)

I have to share this one. My wife, who works for the local 'bullseye' store, relayed it to me when I picked her up last night:

Father shopping with his herd of spawn: 1 youngin sitting in the kid's seat in the cart, two others attached to him by little grubby hands, making the expected level of noise that bored little kids will make. He proceeds to herd cats and shovel stuff from the cart onto her lane.

She picks up the first pack of diapers and feels something wet. Thinking they just spilled a drink from the little market in the corner, she looks down and sees that the little one in the cart had THROWN UP ALL OVER THE GROCERIES....and he hadn't bothered to even warn her or offer to clean anything up.

She immediately asked to be replaced so she could dart to the bathroom and scrub her hands clean. Eeew. Eeew. Eww.

Gah! That is a pretty awkward situation. Methinks the guy didn't heed a "I don't feel so well" or two.

Comment

What a moron.
      "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Grosssss.

When I was a cashier, I constantly was handed spit-soaked, half-open bags of candy that toddlers had chewed on.

But vomit and they didn't even say anything? - that's just... eww.

Comment

That father needs a smack or sixteen.

Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

That guy wanted to buy stuff that his kid had thrown up all over? Wow...that's love, baby......

On a more serious note....what...the....fudge........?!?!?!?!?!
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Reminds me of last month when a co-worker was starting to walk away from the register when she saw a little boy in the Juniors department looking as if he was going to throw up. I turned to the department as it is in front of the registers to see him throwing up his lunch on the floor next to a clothing rack. His mom was standing there next to him rubbing his back and they both walked out without saying a word.
              I was the Manager on duty at the time so it was up to me to clean it up. I just couldn't do it as it was making me feel sick. I asked an assoicate that also takes care of elderly people in nursing homes if she could please do it for me. I couldn't thank her enough for cleaning up the mess.

Comment

Quoth JLG View Post
                I was the Manager on duty at the time so it was up to me to clean it up. I just couldn't do it as it was making me feel sick. I asked an assoicate that also takes care of elderly people in nursing homes if she could please do it for me. I couldn't thank her enough for cleaning up the mess.
                I am the same way. I have had dogs and cats all my life so I have no problem cleaning up poo or urine but for some reason I can't do anything that has to do with vomit.

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                  That guy wanted to buy stuff that his kid had thrown up all over?
                  Well, it's better than just leaving it in an aisle or cart somewhere and grabbing fresh stuff.

He should have cleaned it up, (and it seems like he may have made a half-assed attempt), and he should have made sure the cashier knew about the vomit so she didn't put her hand in it. I imagine he was pretty stressed and distracted, dealing with getting the shopping done and looking after 3 children, though.
                  Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

This exact thing happened to me!

Only instead of a bag of diapers it was a Leap Frog computer. The woman's excuse was, "My son has a concussion so he's been throwing up a lot."

I did just what your wife did and ran to scrub my hands clean.

The best part was when this woman came back the next day to make a return. She was trying to return last year's Leap Frog computer with the receipt from the day before.
                    When the CSM was looking over the return she checked to see who the cashier was to see if they (me) would remember if she bought the one she was trying to return or if it was a different one.

The boxes for each model had different designs on them, so that made it a little easier to point out two different ones.
                    Well the CSM asked me, in front of the customer, if I remembered the transaction, to which I responded something along the lines of, "Yes I remember, I put my hand in her kid's puke and she didn't even warn me! And no, that's not the one she bought yesterday. She one she bought yesterday was in a box that was all green."

No refund for the scammer and she got to live through a little bit of embarrassment.
                    Last edited by rerant; 05-05-2008, 12:34 AM.

Comment

Quoth rerant View Post
                      The best part was when this woman came back the next day to make a return. She was trying to return last year's Leap Frog computer with the receipt from the day before.
                      When the CSM was looking over the return she checked to see who the cashier was to see if they (me) would remember if she bought the one she was trying to return or if it was a different one.
                      It's like they don't believe that the same person could possibly work two days in a row! When I worked the drag shift I'd get so many people saying "The guy working last night said you can give me X for free" to which I'd reply "No I didn't."

Comment

If a parent won't clean up their own child's vomit in a public store...I can't even imagine how great of a parent they could possible be...
                        When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

Working...
                        X