This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gym Suckage

So I joined a gym recently and it drives me NUTS that the other customers there burn a good million calories on the elipitical machine, but they can't be assed enough to walk 10 feet to the paper towel dispenser and 10 feet back to wipe the sweaty equipment down.

It bothers me even more when on the weight machines and the paper towel dispenser is RIGHT BEHIND THEM!

Should I say something next time?
    You don't know what Hades is until you've worked at least one Christmas Season in a toy store that offers free gift wrapping.

I actually bring a spray bottle w/cleaner and some paper towels with me and keep it next to whatever machine I use.
    No matter what you do, there will always be jerks that don't clean up after them selves.
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

I hate when people can't wipe off their sweat from machines, it's just common courtesy.

I always try to wipe my equipment down, but in one of the rooms at my gym the paper towels are only in one corner so sometimes by the time I get paper towels and go back to my machine on the other side of the room, someone is usually on it already.

I could grab the paper towels before I get on the machine, but I can never remember to do it.
      "...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?!" ~ Kalga

"DO NOT ENRAGE THE MIGHTY SKY DRAGON." ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

OK, it's pretty inconsiderate to leave soggy equipment behind, but sweat itself is pretty innocuous as far as bodily fluids go. I sweat a lot and always have a 'gym towel' with me to wipe down self and equipment, but I don't get torqued about drips on non-contact parts if they happen.

Comment

at my gym the staff are fairly active in keeping people in order, they have one staff member mointoring the floor at all times and ive seen them go up to people and order them back to a machine to wipe them down.
          I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

For some reason, I don't sweat but I do get hot when I use the machines at the exercise facility I go to. I still wipe the machines I use down.
            My Fanfic Page
            My Fiction Page
            My Social Group
            My Pet Social Group
            My You Tube Channel

Comment

I take a handtowel with me to gym. I sit on it and use it to wipe the sweaty bits. It's only common courtesy.
              I once sat down on a piece of equipment that someone sweated all over and they hadn't wiped it up. It is GROSS!
              The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth InsuranceGuru View Post
                that the other customers there burn a good million calories on the elipitical machine, but they can't be assed enough to walk 10 feet to the paper towel dispenser and 10 feet back
                Should I say something next time?
                Yes, and ask staff if they'll say something if that doesn't get results.

I'm laughing because of your quoted line there. I worked in a gym for quite a few years. We had TWO FREE parking lots within 500 feet. I would watch from the front desk as people circled the block to get a METERED spot in front of the building. To come inside and walk on a treadmill....

Comment

Sweat is pretty much the same chemical composition as urine.

Well, so I'm told...

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                    I would watch from the front desk as people circled the block to get a METERED spot in front of the building. To come inside and walk on a treadmill....
                    At my gym, there's a huge lot in front of the building...and another behind. Doesn't stop idiots from parking on the islands, the sidewalk, the entry road etc. Never mind that there's an *entire* lot behind the building that's usually empty. But, parking up there would mean that you'd have to go down a flight of steps to reach the main floor. People won't do that, but they'll gladly spend hours on the treadmill or elliptical
                    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                      But, parking up there would mean that you'd have to go down a flight of steps to reach the main floor. People won't do that, but they'll gladly spend hours on the treadmill or elliptical
                      Or in my gym's case - a beautiful old four story building with the cardio equipment on the top floor.

"Where's the elevator?"

"We don't have one, there are stairwells at the front and rear of the building."

"I have to WALK up four stories?"

"Yes, to get to the Stairmasterâ„¢ you have to er, climb stairs."

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post

Well, so I'm told...

Rapscallion
                        True, but how far do you think you'll get with the line "I want to lick the urine off of you!"? hahahaha
                        "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
                          True, but how far do you think you'll get with the line "I want to lick the urine off of you!"? hahahaha
                          Do you really want to know the answer to that?
                          You don't know what Hades is until you've worked at least one Christmas Season in a toy store that offers free gift wrapping.

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post

Well, so I'm told...

Rapscallion
                            Are you trying to piss me off?

Aww, that's OK. Don't sweat it.
                            Last edited by Umingmaq; 05-02-2008, 08:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X