This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A message to the suicidal/homicidal driver from today:

I realize that it was absolutely necessary for you to be applying makeup and talking on your hand held cell phone while sitting at the stop sign. Incidentally, it is illegal to use a hand held phone while driving in this state, but I digress.

It was, however, unnecessary for you to pull out from your stop sign in front of the two of us that were driving at 55 mph and had the right of way. Especially since the lane you were trying to turn into was full of oncoming traffic also going at 55 mph. I saw what you were doing, figured you were inching out for a better look, but stepped on the brake in case you were monumentally stupid. That's why you are still ALIVE, whilst managing to eradicate much of the last reserves of my faith in humanity. Even though it would probably have done the world a favor to permanently remove you from the roads, hitting you would have made me late for dinner. Not to mention ruining my paint rust job.

The guy in front of me had to make a maniacal, tire screeching swerve into oncoming traffic and then out of said traffic to avoid you and/or a head on collision. The spacing of that traffic left me no where to go when you stopped dead completely blocking my lane while swearing at the guy who just missed you.

It was kind of cute the way you gave me a ' are you doing?' look when I screeched to a halt inches from your door. Then you proceeded to scream at me while waving your little rouge applicator brush thingie with one hand and your cell phone with the other. Cute in a 'I wanted to throttle the life out of you' kind of way. Good thing ONE of us was paying attention to what we were doing.

I have to say, though, that the local police are going way up in my estimation lately. Especially the one that flipped on his lights behind me while you were still blocking the lane. That made you back up out of the intersection awfully fast. Last I saw, though, as I drove past your dumb sucidal *ss, was the cop blocking you in so you couldn't go anywhere.

Sincerely hoping he arrested you for reckless endangerment and aggravated *sshattery,

Gerrinson

Oh, what I would give to be a fly on that tree.
    or a bee

or just an owl.
    "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

Comment

Reminds me of some of the old farts around here. Only they're not putting on make-up or talking on cell phones while driving. They're barely seeing over the steering wheel and pulling out right in front of me and then crawling to the Saturday Prime Rib dinner at the supper club.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Gerrinson View Post
        I have to say, though, that the local police are going way up in my estimation lately. Especially the one that flipped on his lights behind me while you were still blocking the lane. That made you back up out of the intersection awfully fast. Last I saw, though, as I drove past your dumb sucidal *ss, was the cop blocking you in so you couldn't go anywhere.

Sincerely hoping he arrested you for reckless endangerment and aggravated *sshattery,

Ahhhh, another 'Where's a cop when you need one' moment. I suspect she got ticketed for a variety of things at the very least, including using a cell phone while driving, blocking traffic, running a stop sign/failure to yield, reckless driving, etc. Heck, with those violations in one sitting, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the cop slapped the cuffs on.
        A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

Quoth IT Grunt View Post
          Ahhhh, another 'Where's a cop when you need one' moment. I suspect she got ticketed for a variety of things at the very least, including using a cell phone while driving, blocking traffic, running a stop sign/failure to yield, reckless driving, etc. Heck, with those violations in one sitting, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the cop slapped the cuffs on.
          Well, actually, she didn't run the stop sign. If she had, she'd have hit the gap in traffic both ways. Instead she sat and waited until there was a ton of traffic to pull in front of...

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
            They're barely seeing over the steering wheel
            I've been noticing this a LOT lately. I don't understand how some people can drive when they are almost lying down in their car. How in HADES are they supposed to see the other cars around them when their view is obstructed by the dashboard, the wheel, etc.

It looks like "Kilroy is here driving".

You don't know what Hades is until you've worked at least one Christmas Season in a toy store that offers free gift wrapping.

Comment

I must agree....most of the old ladies around here who drive are barely tall enough to reach the wheel, are steering with their nose, and darting in and out of traffic and blowing stop signs hurrying to K-Mart. Bonus points if it's a huge old Cadillac.
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                I must agree....most of the old ladies around here who drive are barely tall enough to reach the wheel, are steering with their nose, and darting in and out of traffic and blowing stop signs hurrying to K-Mart. Bonus points if it's a huge old Cadillac.

It's not just the old ladies I see doing this. I've seen mostly teenage/ young 20ish kids doing it too!

It's almost like they have one elbow propped on the drivers seat to hold them, and use the other hand on the steering wheel to pull them up that final inch just so they can finally see over the top of the dash.

I'm all for limboing but I don't think the limbo and being a driver are a good mix!
                How low can you go drive! Boom Boom!
                You don't know what Hades is until you've worked at least one Christmas Season in a toy store that offers free gift wrapping.

Comment

It's drivers like that that made me not want to get my DL, and now that I have one, I still don't drive much.

Oh, well. I can always borrow Bella's car in Oct.

Maybe.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                    You just described my great aunt.
                    "...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?!" ~ Kalga

"DO NOT ENRAGE THE MIGHTY SKY DRAGON." ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

I had to wonder how Hubby's great-aunt could see to drive. She gave us a ride to a diner when we visited (before Baby was born, thankfully). She's very small and didn't prop her seat up very high (though she didn't have it a limbo heights either), and pulled down the sun visor very low as well. She had maybe a foot, tops, worth of space to look out, and I swear all the other drivers could see of her was curly hair and a pair of hands on the steering wheel. She drove safely enough, though.

To the OP, How was she steering? And that right there is perfect evidence of why it's illegal to use a phone without a hands-free device in lots of states. Distraction + one less hand to steer with.

Yay for having a cop there when you needed them!
                      "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                      - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth InsuranceGuru View Post
                        I don't understand how some people can drive when they are almost lying down in their car. How in HADES are they supposed to see the other cars around them when their view is obstructed by the dashboard, the wheel, etc.
                        I unfortunately have been witness to this, not from older folks, but from my twin brother who likes to drive "gangsta." By this I mean, one hand on the steering wheel, one on the shifter. The seat is leaned SO FAR BACK that he basically is laying down. Can barely see through the top of the wheel and into a small area that is made even smaller by the view of the dashboard. Can't see around him or behind. It's absolutely ridiculous and I dread it whenever I have to get in the car with him.

thank you pop cultural icons, you're going to get me killed /sarcasm
                        We Pick Up the Pieces

Comment

Quoth AnqeiicDemise View Post
                          or just an owl.

Definitely go for the owl. Then you can crap all over the idiot and her car.

Comment

Quoth Difdi View Post
                            Definitely go for the owl. Then you can crap all over the idiot and her car.
                            and for garnish, a cilantro leaf.

"The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

Comment

I see I'm not alone when I want to replace my high-beams with twin .50s.

I swear (often) that I'm amazed there are so many living drivers around here.

Besides being poor, that's one of the reasons I drive a $600 14-year old car - and the tires are worth $300 of it.

B
                              "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
                              I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

Working...
                              X