X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An open letter to the stinky gym guy.

Dear Sir,

The last 3 times I have been at the gym you have been there as well. I think it's awesome you are working your butt off however...

The last 3 times I have seen you, you have been wearing the same thing. Now I know that my pants have been the same, but I do laundry every other day, so mine are clean.

You sir, fail at laundry. I understand not wanting to wash your clothes *just before* you go to the gym. But when you sweat, you generate heat, which makes the smell on you and your clothes much stronger. Washing them when you get home is the best idea. This isn't high school gym class where you don't sweat and only really need to wash your clothes once a week or so.

How the hell can you NOT smell them when you put them on? They are RANK!

I was on this treadmill first and about 1/3 of the way through my work out when you decided to get on the treadmill next to me, again.

I'm trying to focus on my breathing, in through the nose out through the mouth. Every time I breathe in I am assaulted by the smells of old sweat, cat piss, feces and musk. And of course, you so nicely position yourself in front of the fan so that I can't even turn my head to get away from your smell.

Yes, I'm fairly certain it's you. I couldn't smell anything until YOU started running next to me. Even the girl on the other side was making a WTF? face.

And for the love of everything holy or unholy QUIT FARTING! I didn't choke on my water, I choked on your stench.

You suck. Of course you start really sweating when I am halfway through my work out, so I can't stop and move machines.

The thing about treadmills is that they are stationary, so I can't even run faster to get away from you.

Please learn to wash your laundry because I'd really like to be able to work out with out having to hold my breath. In the very least try using a different treadmill... you know, on the opposite side of the state gym.
    Last edited by Gothicsmurf; 05-07-2008, 03:05 PM.
    You don't know what Hades is until you've worked at least one Christmas Season in a toy store that offers free gift wrapping.

Why doesn't somebody say something to him about his overpowering B.O.?

Comment

It's not so much the B.O. as it is the cat piss smell.

Since you asked, how would you approach him and tell him he needs a shower?
      You don't know what Hades is until you've worked at least one Christmas Season in a toy store that offers free gift wrapping.

Comment

Quoth InsuranceGuru View Post

Since you asked, how would you approach him and tell him he needs a shower?

Just like that...Tell him he stinks & needs a shower. It's hard enough working out without having to gag from somebody's stench drifting all over you.

Comment

I'd approach the gym staff myself... that's gross.
          GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth InsuranceGuru View Post
            The cat piss is going to need special treatment.

Comment

/sends the OP a fire hose and a bottle of Gas-X
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I'm a little worried you may have ran into DipShit himself.....he never wreeked of cat piss, but he rarely bathed and always had some funk BO and he had the worst gas in the entire world....although they were all SBDS.....

And I know he goes to a gym, because some of my coworkers went to the gym after work one day and he was there, but instead of working out, he was just bothering everyone in the gym.
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I second the vote of speaking to the gym staff, you shouldn't have to talk to him, I'm sure there is a diplomatic (ie 7'0 tall 25stone man mountain that can 'persuade' him to y'know, wash.) type to explain the situation to him.
                  A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Oh, yeah. Definitely voting for a little chat with the staff.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I agree, talk to the staff, but as for the shower thing, maybe he does shower but it's his clothes that stink because he never changes them. Then it doesn't matter how many showers he takes, he's still gonna smell. (And the farting thing doesn't help much either )

I went to school with a girl who always showered but never washed her clothes and it was pretty ripe. Didn't help to talk with her about it either, though many tried. She just got embarrassed but nothing changed.
                      It's been a long, long, long, long time...

Comment

So Thursday night, I went to the gym, although a little later than usual... Mr. Stink was there. I only noticed because when I went to get on the elyptical he was right next to the one I wanted. Grrr. So I moved to the other side of the gym before I even started. He was wearing something different and I didn't notice a stink, but at the same time, I didn't want to risk it either.

Comment

Working...
                        X