This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just sit on back and I'll tell you a tale

Well this tale is about myself. I have it in Sightings for a reason. This happened 2 days ago.

Well I was at Wendy's for lunch. I waited in line and the people in front had just ordered. I was taking a moment to decide for sure on what I wanted. While I was taking a moment, the cashier had gotten the other people's order.

For some apparent reason, I went off on the cashier. As soon as I ordered, I stepped outside my body and tore myself a new one. I apologized to the cashier. I told him that he was just doing his job. Why I went off on him, I will never know.

When he was giving me my order, he gave me a small shake and a small thing of Chicken nuggets. I tried telling him no, and also tried giving them back. He wouldn't have none of it. I saw a manager and mentioned to him, how I acted and also that I apologized and that I didn't want the extras. He told me, not to worry about it.

I know I was sucky, and I take the full blame for it.
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

oops. Oh well, at least you owned up to it.
    "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

That was good that you said you were sorry. Sometimes people get snappy & then realize that they just made themselves look like the biggest ass in the universe.

Comment

Maybe he decided to give you the frostee and nuggets because unlike most sc's, you apologized and admitted you were wrong.

Comment

Quoth SugarBeef View Post
          Maybe he decided to give you the frostee and nuggets because unlike most sc's, you apologized and admitted you were wrong.
          Exactly what I am thinking.

Comment

Probably saw you were having a bad day and wanted to cheer you up since you showed yourself to not be an actual ass, just one that plays one out of body?
            At least the manager acknowledged it, there is a story here (in Canada) about a woman who just got fired for giving out a timbit (donut hole) to a baby, which is technically theft, but could also be good-will advertising.
            "If you find yourself fantasizing about throwing actual users into a blender, please get help... they're heavy." - Tom Dickson

Comment

Quoth froglet View Post
              At least the manager acknowledged it, there is a story here (in Canada) about a woman who just got fired for giving out a timbit (donut hole) to a baby, which is technically theft, but could also be good-will advertising.
              Well, according to one article, she'd been re-hired the next day and the Tim Horton's spokesman said that "Unfortunately, the action of the manager of this location was not appropriate, nor grounds for dismissal." The woman's decided to work at a different location. I don't blame her.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

It is for sure nice to have 1 in a couple thousand SC's actually apologize. No matter what, if someone apologizes I seem to respect them after.
                When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

Quoth froglet View Post
                  Probably saw you were having a bad day and wanted to cheer you up since you showed yourself to not be an actual ass, just one that plays one out of body?

Whoa, you are the first to give me a smiley hug on these boards. Finally some respect.

Comment

you made a mistake, but owned up to it and apologised, hence showed respect - shows you are human and honourable - not surprised at all they gave you a little extra

Comment

Working...
                    X