X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOLY PAJAMAS

From a friend, Fluff. Funny > Sucky.

So, Fluff's family ordered pizza one night. They live in a secluded area, and at night som would say its like a dramatic movie scene. Large field everywhere, she lives in the country.

So, the driver lady come up with the pizza.. and Fluff's brother is hiding in the garbage cans nearby the door. Her brother jumps out, and,

"HOLY PAJAMAS!!"

Which was the catchphrase that night.

Um, am I missing part of the story here? From the "Funny > Sucky" you seem to suggest the funny was greater than the suck. I disagree. It would be one thing if the person startled/shocked/otherwise scared shitless was a good friend or something, but pulling this on an innocent employee is pretty thoughtless and stupid. A delivery driver never really knows who or what they're going to encounter. It can be a difficult and scary job sometimes. Holy Pajamas or no, this wasn't funny.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Funny is rater relative.

Fluff and her brother are not cruel people, and said the delivery lady was not angry, she took it in good humor. I wouldn't post it otherwise.

Obviously, I need to start explaining every detail in my posts so everyone doesn't get bugged by some unknown detail.

Comment

To be honest after the initial shock I'd probably be doubled up with laughter! I can see how/why its funny, although slightly shocking initially!
        A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

Yeh um, coming from someone that's done this type of job for a long time, NOT FUNNY.

Maybe she appeared to take it in good humor so as not to get a complaint called on her.

Also, had she been the type of driver who carries "protection", your friend may have ended up in the hospital, or worse.

Comment

I'd have smacked your friend with their pizza. But then I'm weird like that.

* Not to mean I'd have been angry, but that kinda thing has happened to me before and I have smacked people (While laughing) to get "revenge" on that kinda thing.....but then again I love to be scared suddenly.
            Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

This is one of those things best done when you know exactly how the target is going to respond to it.

Me, I'd be scared shitless. I'm a somewhat skittish person to begin with.

I've never heard of pizza delivery drivers around here packing heat, but the possibility of the driver shooting first and asking questions later is something else to consider.
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Err, my manager in my delivery days packed heat. Twas illegal of course, but that didn't stop him. The friend was just lucky the driver was good-humored about it. I would've been polite, but pissed.
                A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

As a manager, I would've found the situation less than funny ... and barred them from receiving deliveries.

Do that to your friends and relatives, not to unsuspecting people just trying to do their job.
                  "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

You got lucky. I've had people pull similar stuff on me, and every time it happens, they get closer to being reflex punched. That aside, I get fairly PO'd when it happens to me. You just happened to get someone who didn't mind. What would you have done had they been in less-good humour afterwards?
                    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                      What would you have done had they been in less-good humour afterwards?
                      I wouldn't have done anything, as I was not even involved in the situation.

Comment

Sorry, but I wouldn't have been amused. I'm still a little nervous from being mugged at gunpoint on my way out of work. And that was 6 years ago.
                        "Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds..."

Though I am not naturally honest, I am so sometimes by chance.

Comment

Gosh, we're all missing the most horrifying (AND most likely) reaction of them all.

Driver might have dropped the pizza! OMGNOES!!!

Would have been a nice reversal of suck / funny if you ask me.

Comment

No one has mentioned it yet, but I hope the driver got a real good tip for that delivery.
                            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                            X