This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun at K-Mart

My sister and I went to K-Mart today to grab a beach chair for my mom. My mom mentioned she wanted one with a cup-holder and we knew they had them at K-Mart. None of the lanes open for check-out were short so we just randomly picked one. We were waiting while the cashier was ringing our stuff up and all of a sudden I hear the woman with the family in front of us whining about something. Turns out their shopping cart wouldn't fit through the registers. I understand that. I'd be kinda pissed too. I mean, why wouldn't they make the lanes big enough for a cart to get through? She started talking trash about a manager who was "just standing there, not helping" that happened to be about 50 feet away and helping another customer. And she was being so melodramatic about it. Oh, we'll NEVER be able to get out of here. Geese, not the end of the world.

Our transaction was over and she was still throwing her hissyfit without asking anyone who worked there for help. When I turn to start walking forward, she just stared at me and kept complaining. I handed my sister the chair, grabbed the woman's cart, and picked the cart up and moved it so she could shut up and leave. She just looked at me open-mouthed like I was a god or something and my sister and I walked out. I mean, what the hell was her husband standing there, doing nothing for? He could have easily picked it up if he tried.

I just don't see why she had to stand there and complain to herself the entire time. She didn't ask anyone for help. She didn't even try to pick the cart up. Neither thing is that hard, especially since her cart was empty.
    "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

She was probably proving to the world at large that (in her mind, at least) her husband's a good for nothing douche.

What? You have a better idea?
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Sounds like a winner to me!

CH
      Some People Are Alive Only Because It Is Illegal To Kill Them

Comment

Quoth crashhelmet View Post
        Sounds like a winner to me!
        Sounds like they deserve each other.
        "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Odds are he had no idea what she was saying...tuned her out long ago ;D
          When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

Sounds to me like the drama-queen type who just wanted to call attention to herself.

And the husband? So as not to tempt the mods, I'll just say PW. You can figure it out.
            "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Working...
            X