This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's a late fee?

Boyfriend and I were at the local movie rental store last night (NOT Blockbuster) waiting in line to pay, when to the next register, Miss Ghetto Fabolous (imagine a large white woman with full hair weave, so much lipgloss it's almost dripping onto her chin, long fake fingernails, super fancy clothes and enormous platform shoes) enters.

The cashier told her that she had an outstanding late fee, and couldn't rent unless she paid it off.

She goes off on a tangent. "What da fuck is up wit dis late shit biznazz?" and turns to her boyfriend about five feet away, looking for an answer. He shrugged.

The cashier explained that the outstanding fee was for several games.

Mizz Fabolous goes on with "I donno what da fuck games wez haven't brought back, but I ain't payin no fuckin late fee....I can't afford that!" (it was over $50)

I wanted to grab some popcorn and stay and watch, but my boyfriend pulled my arm. He was a manager at several stores and he doesn't like memories coming back.....I just like to watch people make asses of themselves.

I wonder what happened...
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Your boyfriend is such a party pooper! I wanna know what happened!
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

A friend of mine used to be a supervisor at Blockbuster. She said it wasn't the people with the $100 late fees that complained, it was always the end of the world over a few dollars. $50.00 is pretty expensive, though. Guess there's always an exception.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Dump him, Blas. He doesn't know good old-fashioned entertainment when he sees it!
        "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

If that's anything like my store the late fees were credited. Most people I work with don't like to deal with customers. I just tell them there's no way I'm able to take off such a large late fee, and that they'll have to come back and talk to my manager.

Most of the time it's not the large ones that get the problems (half the time with those it's just people checking how much they still owe) but the ones who just have one late fee. Or the ones who can actually afford to pay the fees. We get as many people paying off their fees with their welfare money as "rich" people complaining about $2-$7. Jerks.

Comment

am I the only one that thought of Malibu's Most Wanted?

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
              Boyfriend and I were at the local movie rental store last night (NOT Blockbuster)
              I don't think you had to tell us that being Blockbuster gave in to sorry-ass people like this by not charging late fees any longer. However, when I rent any game there, they always have a message that says something like "Or buy it for $xx.xx" if I don't return it by the due date specified.

Still, this thread would have been more exciting had you stayed to watch the final conclusion.

Comment

Green, it wasn't Blockbuster. As far as I know, this local rental place doesn't have grace periods.

I haven't been to Blockbuster in a long time.
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Working...
                X