Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

That's why they call it a "Companion" ticket...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's why they call it a "Companion" ticket...

I am right now listening to a coworker arguing with some airline about his plane tickets. He wants to change his wife's flight to a different day. The problem? He has apparently booked his wife's flight with a "companion" ticket as part of a special promotion.

They won't let him move just his wife's flight to a different day. That might have to do with the fact that a "companion" ticket does indeed refer to somebody traveling with you; as in, "at the same time". It is not an open invitation to send somebody else to the same destination at some indefinite point in time.

His voice carries way too well. At least he hasn't put the call on speakerphone.

He is also providing a less in how not to get what you want from customer service. No cussing yet, but a lot of "that's ridiculous", and "come on", all in the patented SC tone of voice.

I know if one of our customers talked to him on the phone this way, he'd be pissed...

SirWired

Quoth sirwired View Post
    I know if one of our customers talked to him on the phone this way, he'd be pissed...
    Go tell him that. Maybe he'll realize he's in the wrong.

Probably not, but you never know.
    Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Probably not ... now that you know he's an SC ...
      "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Your co-irker is an idiot.
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Working...
        X