X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neighbor From Hell

**Warning, LONG.. forgot to add that**

Also, mods, if you need to move this to a different forum, do so. I just didn't know where to place it. -- Demise

---

I was reminded of this while on another thread in which we were discussing burning sage and how I don't like to be told what to do in my own home.

This occured while I still lived in California. I had just moved up north from So Cal into the Bay area to attend CCA. While I waited for my enrollment day to arrive, I took a job and lived with my sister with very little problems until SHE (Old Bitch from Hell) decided to make her apperance known.

OB hated my sister, her dogs and her husband. OB didn't have a problem with the cats and she often attempted to *steal* the cats by feeding them whiskas and other crap-food that the felines adored and my sister hated to feed them. See, Sis wants to be a vet. Due to some financial and legal issues, she has not been able to enroll into Vet school but has, after working her way up from being a pooper scooper at chain of vet hospitals, moved her way up to General Manager. Sis is a take-no-shit woman, with a good head on her shoulders and strong morals.

For their first Christmas as husband and wife, BIL bought my sis a cocker spaniel puppy and for *his* birthday, she bought him a boxer puppy. Both animals are playful and loyal little punks. They play with the cats (Tag and wrestling, its so cute!) and for the most part are angels.. until the Squirrels in the neighborhood decide to drive them nuts. (There was one squirrel who lived across the street. She'd come to Sis' yard, wave her bushy tail and drive the dogs nuts. And if they weren't paying attention, the squirrel would throw acorns and nuts at the dogs until they noticed just so she could torment them. We have videos of this.)

Now, OB, as I mentioned, is a CAT person. She hates dogs. She hates my sister for having dogs. She hates my BIL for being a DOG person and insisting the cats be indoor/outdoor kitties. She hates me because, well, I don't take her shit either. OB's constatly calling the cops on my sister because the dog's barking to the point that my sis, as much as she hates it, has installed a high-pitched alarm to get the dogs to stop barking altogether (she only uses it at night and she hates it but its either a)move b)give the dogs away or c) keep them from barking through various, failed methods. Neither a or b are options at this time). She's also told OB that a) Sis is not in charge of ALL the dogs in the neighbor hood and that if OB has problems with the other neighbor dogs to please talk to their owners and stop calling the cops on her for dogs she doesn't own.

Anyway, it was a summer evening when the squirrel came to play/tease/terrorize the dogs. By this time, the pups were no longer pups and their combined weight caused the old, decrepit crap fence of the property to cave. I had to lock the doors in the garage until we could quasi fix it and someone had to be out with the dogs in the backyard when we did let them out as to keep them from breaking the fence again. See, we were good pet owners. We refused to leave the dogs locke dup in a hot garage during the summer, and this was our only option until the fence could get fixed.

Sis ran around, found a great contractor that gave her a discound because he knew BIL from college. Because she wasn't replacing just one side of the fence, Sis decided to get together with the three neighbors affected and ask for their imput as well as break a deal. Together, they came together to a decision: a nice 5 foot tall fence of Y-wood that would be placed on the shared property of each (i.e. the lines of division). Sis was going to pay for all of the supplies and most of the labor but each affected owner would only pay for 1/3 of the cost to lift a fence on their shared land. It was a great deal for the neighbors as they'd get a good fence at part of the cost and by the time they needed to replace what other fences they had, they only had to take care of two parts of it! SWEET.

OB was fine with the deal at first until she got to thinking well, "I hate our neighbors and I don't want to look at them, so lets impose my wishes on what Demise's sister's getting since she'll be footing most of the cost!"

Two weeks before the fence went up, OB came to my sister said it'd be best for the two of them if they'd put up a 7 foot tall fence of x-wood over their shared property. The catch? OB would pay the same quoted price from the neighbor-meeting and she wanted *her* boyfriend to put up the fence because it'd be cheaper.

Sis said no. The cost of doing what you want is going to triple my budget and what good does it do me to put a humongous fence on my property when I don't need it?

OB said she didn't like looking into our kitchen or backyard.

Sis said "Well then, stop looking into my property. I don't look into yours because there's nothing of interest to me."

OB called the cops and hoped they would force Sis into doing what she wanted. Cops sided with my Sis when she said the new fence was being put up not only because it had to be replaced but the deal had been done out of curtesy and OB didn't have to take it. OB got pissed, said she wouldn't and continued to call the cops on us over the dog's barking every other week. -sigh-

Fence got put up, all was fine. By this time, my hours at Target had gotten cut and I didn't care as school was going to be starting in three weeks. So I spent most of my time at home, with the cats and the dogs, doing housework and cooking our meals.

One of those days, I was wearing a spaghetti top shirt (with a shelf bra, something I wouldn't do if I'd be oh, going to the store since my lady friends would be spilling out of my shirt should I move the wrong way. ) and a pair of short shorts becasue its almost 90 degrees outside. We're trying to conserve energy at this point, so I got the windows open for a breeze and I have the dogs inside the house and the ice I had put in their water bowls five minutes past had almost melted completely. I'm also in the kitchen, skinning and deboning a salmon fillet for dinner. I also have the oven warming up as I'm going to use it for the fish.

I hear the doorbell ring, so I put a towel over the fish (so the cats won't be tempted to eat it) and sidesteppd to the front door.

Who's there OB!

I groan inwardly and open the door.

OB: You need curtains.
    M: ... Good after noon?
    OB: You need curtains and better fitting clothes. You look horrible. I don't want my boyfriend looking at you.
    M: ... excuse me?
    OB: Don't you have any respect for your elders and men in relationships? You're being really slutty, just walking around half naked where Boyfriend can see you.
    M: ...I'm sorry, but I don't quite follow-- I've been in the house all day so I don't see how your Boyfriend can se--
    M: -looks at the ktichen window- we *do* have curtains.
    OB: Well you need thicker ones because we can see everything in here.
    M: -fuming- Then.. don't look.
    OB: Pardon?
    M: Look, I can close the windows and I can close the drapes, and I can even wear a burka if you'd like but that's not going to keep him from looking where he wants to look if that's what he wants to do. HOWEVER, I'm not going to give myself heat stroke so you can feel secure about what you have at home. Besides, if you think I'm interested in your catch, youv'e got to be insane. I already have a boyfriend, thank you very much and I wouldn't give up the world for him. Thank you and have a good day!
    OB: HMPF!
    M: Oh, and can you do me a favor please, Mrs. OB? If Mimi, my cat, happens to sneak outside again don't feed her. * Mimi is on a special diet and cannot have anything outside of her prescribed diet even if she finds it tastes like cardboard. It also makes it hard for her to come home if you're letting food out for her and letting her play with your cats and their toys in your back porch.**

When Sis came home, and we were eating dinner, I told her of what the OB had said. Sis was livid. I was angry. We felt like screaming but little to any good that would do for us, right?

As we're doing dishes, I happen to glance out and up the window because I felt someone staring at me. Guess who's staring and giving us the old stink eye? OB!

So what does my sister do? She starts mumbling under her breath that she's going to show that OB a lesson. She wonders over to the living room, cranks up the music and then comes back into the kitchen to dance with me. I laugh and I follow along.

Now, mind you, at this time, Sis and BIL are separated. He's got his own place and Sis has kept the house. Sis and I are roomies and thus the only reason for what she does next without shame.

Sis proceeds to take her shirt off...

And bra...

And keeps going until she's buck ass nekkid.

OB turns red and walks away, pissed off.

I, on the other hand, was trying not to fall over, I was laughing so hard.

The NEXT DAY, OB had put up a cheap bamboo fence and a trellis in front of her kitchen window to keep her boyfriend from looking in at us. There was nothing she could really do if we were out washing the car or watering the plants. Bah.

*Mimi has kidney problems. Her food is prescribed from her doctor and she *has* to stick to it to keep her from going into renal failure. She was currently being fed a strict wet/dry diet with raw meats (boiled). Neighbor fed her wiskhas and Meow-mix a huge no-no for a cat with her needs.

**OB would take Mimi and put her in the back porch, which was an enclosed area. She'd bathe and SHAVE Mimi whenever she got out , feed her crap and then lock her in the screened out porch with her own four cats. Of course, Mimi didn't want to leave. she was eating crap food that she likes (think a kid having happy meals every day) and in a HUGE enclosed area filled with toys and peers. She didn't want to come home. After a while, she became a handful (She's fussy and a total Queen), she doesn't like to be brushed.... I got pissed whenever Mimi would come home fat and shaved. -.-
    Last edited by AnqeiicDemise; 05-17-2008, 06:25 PM. Reason: Me forgots.
    "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

Wow, I wish you could call the cops on a nosy neighbor! And what she did to your cat? What a loon!
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
      Wow, I wish you could call the cops on a nosy neighbor! And what she did to your cat? What a loon!
      She *is* a loon. The best times we had/have is when she's off on vacation.

She had the audacity to complain when my sister painted her house. It was too 'icky bright'.

This coming froma woman with a nasty blue-gray house.
      "The problem isn't usually that there are stupid people in the world as much as it is that the stupid people like to call or come in and point out how stupid they are to the working public" -Justa

Comment

God, she must be INSANE! How could anyone think that behaving that way is okay? Especially the bit about what she did with your cat--wtf?!

Comment

Quoth AnqeiicDemise View Post
          She *is* a loon. The best times we had/have is when she's off on vacation.

She had the audacity to complain when my sister painted her house. It was too 'icky bright'.

This coming from a woman with a nasty blue-gray house.
          What colour did Sis paint her house?

(I used to live in a blue-gray house when I was in pre-school. Sibling and I called it the "Bluer-Grayer house" Yes.. aren't we spechal?)
          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
            What colour did Sis paint her house?

(I used to live in a blue-gray house when I was in pre-school. Sibling and I called it the "Bluer-Grayer house" Yes.. aren't we spechal?)
            Very, very, very pale yellow. I want to say a white-washed version of Custard, if you want to get technical. To be fair, it did totally bright compared to the yucky brown paneling the house had prior to the paintjob, but it brightened up the place and nearly doubled its worth.

She now has a black iron fence she wants to paint white with a gorgeous little lawn and rose bushes, Sunshiny yellow house with white trim. OB also made a stink when my sister opted to chop off the pine tree growing in the front yard. This tree was so large and tall that it *had* to go down because the roots were tearing up/blocking the sewage pipes and threatening to fall and tear down the electric wires.

OB is just cranky and doesn't like us youngin's... or change for that matter.

Comment

oooo, I love the colour of the house! It sounds like it's going to be very pretty by the time she's done with cosmetic renovations.

Comment

I sympathize with anyone who has a psycho neighbor. As is, for the past year almost, I cannot go outside to smoke comfortably because of Sheriff. As long as that piece of crap white Neon is parked outside, there's a threat. EVERY time I'm outside, he magically shows up. Sometimes when I'm out, he randomly peeks through the windows or opens the shades completely to look at me. This guy has SEEN me frantically put out my cigarette and go back inside when he comes out, yet he never stops. Before my car died, when I'd come home in the morning, no longer had I parked and started up the stairs when I heard a door slam and heard cowboy boots tromping around. The worst part is this guy is mentally challenged and it wouldn't be polite to go off on him, especially after I already did that once. He has no common sense and comes and goes and comes and goes. It always seems every time I light up, if he isn't home, he's pulling right back in, and if he's home, he's walking out to leave. He has had a few jobs, so the only time we're threat free is when he's at work.

I just don't understand why so many people have to make things so miserable and uncomfortable for others. I've heard some really bad neighbor stories before, and I shudder.
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Jeez, she is a loon! If I had a neighbor like that tho everytime she came to the door she'd get a big of "STFU!!" a certain finger and a door slammed in her face. But then again I'm an asshole.
                  GFY

Comment

My former SIL and her wife (which is a long story in and of itself) are dealing with a psycho lady across the street.

This lady decided she didn't want to be a parent anymore and basically threw her 17 year old son out to the wolves, and this kid is probably borderline mentally handicapped. He's book smart but has approximately zero social skills/abilities. Kid can't even cook his own food. SIL decides she can't let this kid end up with a bad crowd or worse (she herself was on the street at 13), so she's letting the kid crash at her place. The other day they found the side of one of their cars looking like someone took a hammer to it while the lady across her street stood on her porch grinning at them.
                    "You know, there are times when it's a source of personal pride not to be human." - Hobbes

Comment

Quoth CancelMyService View Post
                      My former SIL and her wife (which is a long story in and of itself) are dealing with a psycho lady across the street.

This lady decided she didn't want to be a parent anymore and basically threw her 17 year old son out to the wolves, and this kid is probably borderline mentally handicapped. He's book smart but has approximately zero social skills/abilities. Kid can't even cook his own food. SIL decides she can't let this kid end up with a bad crowd or worse (she herself was on the street at 13), so she's letting the kid crash at her place. The other day they found the side of one of their cars looking like someone took a hammer to it while the lady across her street stood on her porch grinning at them.

Oh wow.... looks like someone needs a hammer to the side of her head..

er.. car.. yeah.

Comment

Quoth AnqeiicDemise View Post
                        Very, very, very pale yellow. I want to say a white-washed version of Custard, if you want to get technical.
                        *Wants to get technical*

Winston Creme. Ace True Value colour. Sounds like what she painted her house.
                        Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

This is one hell of a -a-thon™.
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

We gots a WHeeEEeeeEEe (ii)

[cut] I totall meant to start a whole new thread.. rofl
                            Last edited by AnqeiicDemise; 05-18-2008, 05:27 AM. Reason: sillyness

Comment

OB: Don't you have any respect for your elders and men in relationships? You're being really slutty, just walking around half naked where Boyfriend can see you.
                              M: ...I'm sorry, but I don't quite follow-- I've been in the house all day so I don't see how your Boyfriend can se--
                              She's probably just jealous that she can't dress the same as you without killing or paralysing small children and animals.
                              I am the nocturnal echo-locating flying mammal man.

Comment

Working...
                              X