Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
    That's just gross.
    "Oh look Mommy! There's Mickey and Minnie Louse!"
    "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
      "Oh look Mommy! There's Mickey and Minnie Louse!"
      Sheldon is on a roll in this thread!

But seriously, that is totally gross. I'm glad they've revised their thinking on that.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Tinkerbelle was just following an old show business tradition started by Carmen Miranda in the early 1940s. (Note: Nudity in link.)
        "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

i would like ot work at disney land im always happy and perky anyways not not get to be in disneyland at the same time

Comment

All the times I got drug to Disneyworld/land I never got to experience anything more exciting than getting drunk in the German pavilion and doing the chicken dance to the horror of my kids. Oh, why oh why couldn't I see some nudity or rebellious employees??
            "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

Not to be annoying, but I've seen pics of Tinkerbell "cast members," and they're wearing tights. Sure, they're flesh-colored, but she's even wearing a flesh-colored leotard.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/81/24...8be7ddf9c2.jpg
              Last edited by Can I Help Your A$$?; 05-25-2008, 12:13 PM. Reason: To add link

Comment

I seem to remember some scandal back in the early 2000s when the cast members at Disneyworld sued for the right to be issued and wash their own character undies because some dirty creeps were giving all of them pubic lice.

And I thought my job sucked, at least I have never contracted creeping crawling crotch critters..

From The LA Times -

Disney Workers Get Clean Underwear
                L. A. Times - Associated Press Writer - June 7, 2001

ORLANDO, Fla. - After almost two months at the negotiating table, the workers who play characters such as Mickey Mouse and Cinderella at Walt Disney World have won an important concession: clean undergarments. Under a tentative contract between Disney and the Teamsters union, the workers will be assigned individual undergarments, which they can take home each night to clean themselves instead of relying on Disney launderers.

Some workers had complained about getting pubic lice and scabies.

"Things have been passed around," said Gary Steverson, a stilt walker at Animal Kingdom. "I know I don't want to share my tights and I don't want to share my underwear."

Many of the characters have to wear Disney-issued jock straps, tights or bike shorts underneath their costumes because regular underwear bunches up and is noticeable. Each night, they turn in the undergarments with the rest of their costume before going home. They then pick up a different set the next day. Disney officials had told the workers that they use hot water to clean the undergarments, but they apparently weren't doing so, said Steverson, a shop steward with the Teamsters, which represents workers who portray such figures as Goofy, Pluto, Minnie Mouse and Donald Duck.

Some workers complained about receiving undergarments that were stained or smelly. Steverson said there have been three cases of costumed workers at the Magic Kingdom getting pubic lice or scabies during the past two years. Disney spokeswoman Rena Callahan refused to comment on the new contract provisions because "we don't conduct our negotiations with the media, only at the negotiating table."

But Callahan said workers are expected to wear underpants underneath their tights and bike shorts, and the garments are immediately laundered after they've been worn.

"If cast members aren't happy with the condition of an item, they can turn them back in and they will be issued another costume," she said. "We want our cast members to be happy with their costumes."

Other concessions the costumed characters won include more time to put on their costumes and a weather clause that includes air pollution as a factor in determining how long costumed characters have to be outside. Recently, smoke from a nearby brush fire has irritated singers' vocal cords and made it difficult for stilt walkers to breathe, employees said.

"People are feeling nauseous, they have itchy eyes, are dizzy and have headaches," said Calon Webb, a union shop steward at Animal Kingdom.

The costumed characters and Disney workers from five other unions vote next week on the new contract, which covers about 25,000 of Disney World's 55,000 workers.
                "No, I will not poop a shopping cart out for you." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

Quoth platypus View Post
                  I'm sorry I call shennanigans on this one. Disney is known for its regimented uniforms, down to employees suing to be able to wear their own underwear

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/1376479.stm

so it just doesn't follow that a person would go bare in the one place where the employees are REQUIRED to have something on underneath. Also, lets consider the positioning of the harness needed for such a production, I doubt this area would be free from the necessary supports.

Funny story but easily illogical.
                  I can see it happening. Here's how I see it:

SV= Supervisor
                  TB= Tinker bell

TB= You mean I have to wear someone else's underwear? I'd rather go with out.
                  SV= You cannot go with out under wear.
                  TB= Fine! *Takes underwear and then tosses it later.*

If I had to share her panties shoes, I'd do the same. I used to get skeeved out when my sister would steal my underwear and I was related! (I told her to keep 'em. I didn't want them back.)
                  You don't know what Hades is until you've worked at least one Christmas Season in a toy store that offers free gift wrapping.

Comment

again to everyone who missed the incident happened back in the 80s, back when pictures where film, there was music on MTV and Girls just wanna have fun (i can mock you i am a child of the 90s, though i do just barely remember the two germanys)

Comment

Quoth Can I Help Your A$$? View Post
                      Not to be annoying, but I've seen pics of Tinkerbell "cast members," and they're wearing tights. Sure, they're flesh-colored, but she's even wearing a flesh-colored leotard.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/81/24...8be7ddf9c2.jpg
                      Hmm, in this pic, you can see the wrinkles around the joints on the upper torso and arms, but not on the legs/knees. She may not be wearing tights on the legs in that photo. I would like to know what kind of flying harness they were using, as that's a valid point as well.
                      The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                      "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                      Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

I think it is possible. Hell, perhaps incidents like the one in the OP are the *reason* for the regimented uniforms. Not to mention that not all employees follow all rules all the time.

<passes out free grains of salt>
                        The best revenge is to be unlike him who performed the injury. - Marcus Aurelius
                        If you're slower than me, stupider than me, and you taste good...you're dinner - Anthony Bourdain

Memento mori.

Comment

Working...
                        X