This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you hear me now?

Friday, after work I stopped by the tire shop to see if my tire could be repaired. I had a nail in the tread, right next to the side wall. Since it couldn't be repaired safely, it needed to be replaced.

(I did pull a SC move and ask if they repaired tires there as the store is in a strip mall and I didn't see where the garage was.)

The ended up having to replace the tire and I asked when they could do it here is the conversation:

TG= Tire guy clerk.
    TGM = Tire Guy manager
    Me= Me

Me: How long will it take to have that replaced?
    TGM: About 20-30 minutes.
    Me: Really? Let's do it then! I've got to run to K-Mart anyway.
    TG: What? You have to rent a Camry?
    Me:
    TGM:
    Me: I'm sorry what?
    TG: You have to rent a Camry?
    Me: No. *Said slowly in jest* I. Have. to. run. to. K-mart.
    TG: Oh! I could have sworn you said something about a Camry.
    Me: Should I get you some q-tips while I'm there?
    TGM: Yeah, he needs them. You're all set. Please pull your car around to the back.
    *Pulls car around and walks to K-Mart to pick up a few things. Returns about 35 minutes later. Walks into shop and sees TG and TGM are there at the front desk. YES! Score!*

TGM: Oh! Your car is ready. It's in the back, go ahead through the shop, key's in the ignition.
    Me: Awesome thanks! Oh, before I go, I got this for TG. *Throws travel pack of Q-tips on the front desk*

TGM: Oh Lord! She did it!

Me:

*If this is in the wrong forum please move it. Thanks!*
    You don't know what Hades is until you've worked at least one Christmas Season in a toy store that offers free gift wrapping.

Don't see why the manager was surprised. Q-tips are generally about a buck anyways.

But that was great!
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

how many people on here would be pissed if someone did that to them? just goes to show that SCs aren't always being asses, sometimes you just took their actions all wrong

that's hilarious

Comment

That reminds me, I need to clean out my ears.

Awesome reaction from the manager!
        Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

ROFL!

(and no i don't think asking if they repaired tires there is an sc move. it's only sc if you're sucky and rude in how you ask and it sounds like you guys got along well)

Comment

Hilarious!!

Seriously.

Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth AKWalMartCartGuy View Post
              how many people on here would be pissed if someone did that to them? just goes to show that SCs aren't always being asses, sometimes you just took their actions all wrong

that's hilarious
              Exactly! (on both points)
              "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
                That reminds me, I need to clean out my ears.
                Pardon?

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
                X