This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long, long ago...

I never though to post this story until now. It took place when I was about 10 years old, and the offender is my father.

He was driving me and my little brother (age 6 at the time) home from school, and decided to stop in at a McDonalds for a treat. We order our usual happy meals, and a cookie each, and drive off happily. Until I can't find my cookie.

I don't know what my father's problem is. He goes through moods. Many years later I got kicked out of the house when I conflicted with him during one of his "moods". When he's like that, he's implaccable. And in no way am I supporting or defending his behavior. After all, I was on the receiving end most of the time.

When I told him I hadn't gotten my cookie, he spun us right around and went straight back. He drove through the line again and ordered about five complete meals. When he got to the window to pay, he declared that he was getting the meals for free, and that they were going to give him this to keep him as a satisfied customer. He never even mentioned the missing cookie.

Needless to say, he didn't get what he wanted, and the ride home was a hostile experience. Even at age 10 I knew he had been a jerk. I still remember the cashier's befuddled expression. In some way, maybe that memory led me to this site, all these years later.

Side note, when we got home I got ahold of the receipt. We hadn't been charged for a second cookie.

Oh my ... five meals for a single cookie?
    "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Worse, he never even told them why he was mad? Wow. I have no words. Can't decide whether to or .
      "You mean you don’t have the one piece of information you actually need? Well, stick your grubby paws in the crayon box, yank one out and colour me Fucking Shocked Fuchsia." - Gravekeeper

Comment

Wow.

Uh...

Nope. Just wow.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

WOW, poor you! I can sympathize, my father can be like this too. But never THAT bad. If he had said, you forgot my cookie, they would have given him one. I kinda feel bad for the kids of SC's that throw temper tantrums, I always figure they have to deal with it too. And I can only hope they learn better. Guess you are proof they can. I've had some SC's kids (little ones even) look mortified at their parents behavior, so there is hope.
          wouldn't lube work better in a f***ing machine?
          ----
          Yes, that’s right. It’s a pair of gold foil headphones. Gold foil. Finally, headphones just as awful as your taste in music.

Comment

Working...
          X