X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Purple Fives

I saw a co-worker do this today and as I heard it I had this look:

There was a cute little old lady in CW's window, as far as I could tell she was being nice. Nothing sucky there.

COL: Cute old lady
    CW: CO-worker

COL: I'd like to exchange these new fives for the older ones please. They don't work in the machines.

(Which is true. There are very few machines that take the new purple fives. They're not programed yet. We all know not to hand those out to the slot players).

CW: They do work. You're just not trying hard enough.

She argued with this poor old lady for like ten mins.

COL: Can I please just have different fives?

CW: OKay... But maybe you should start using tens.

Who was she to tell that COL what to play with? She's here to have fun and should have free range of what she wants to use! I was like this the entire time. I eventually went and told a supervisor (my other cw's talked me into it) who I believe didn't do a damn thing.

try having to get gas after the attend area is closed and the only way you can get gas is pay at terminal (cash or card)
    they wont take new 5s yet :'(

Comment

I thought it was fake the first time I saw one.
      Things just get so crazy living life gets hard to do. I would gladly hit the road, get up and go if I knew,that someday it would bring me back to you.

Comment

First time I got one from the bank, I laughed... at loud... in front of everyone. The teller was shocked, asked me what was so funny, and I just held up the bill...

She didn't think it was funny...
        Carpe Jugulum : Go for the throat.

Comment

Heh. The first day I was on register when the new fives had come out I had a guy come through the line and tell me that he wasn't using counterfit money and that's just how the new fives were. This was before I had said a word to him past his price. I thought it was funny. I had already gotten a few so I knew they weren't fake. The guy explained that at the local gas station the woman running the counter accused him of trying to pass off a fake bill.
          Honey and Thorns ~ Handmade Knit and Jewelry

Comment

CW: They do work. You're just not trying hard enough.
            What a fucking bitch. I'm sorry, I've been trying to quit swearing. But, how rude.
            "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth saint View Post
              I thought it was fake the first time I saw one.
              When I saw the first 'sample' image I though I was looking at a stolen, stained note.
              A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

I'm sorry, but coloured money? So, does this mean people are doing things the Canadian way now? *Has National pride out the Wazoo* The only green bill we have up here is the 20$ bills. Everything else is like having a rainbow in a wallet.

Comment

The newer 10s and 5s do not work in our change machine where I work. Whenever I get cash back shopping, I ask for older 10s or 5s. They really do not work in most vending machines and especially change machines.
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

i'm not surprised. the last time they changed the 5's (and when they changed the 20s too), it took a couple of years for all the machines to catch up, and then there were some that were updated for the new money but not backdated for the old. ... sigh

but i'd say that woman should have filed a complaint.
                    that CW has NO FREAKING right to tell someone what denomination of money she should use. it sounded more like she just didn't want to do her job and was bitchy that she had to do work.

Comment

Quoth RedRoseSpiral View Post
                      Heh. The first day I was on register when the new fives had come out I had a guy come through the line and tell me that he wasn't using counterfit money and that's just how the new fives were.
                      Am I the only one who reads the news stories and sees what's going on in the world?! The newspapers and internet had articles with pictures about every new bill months before it's introduced!

People are just so anal-retentive about changes to the money, it's sad.

I like the new bills. It'll be easier to tell them apart, and a lot more difficult to counterfeit them (I'd be surprised to see any raised notes in the near future! ).
                      Last edited by XCashier; 05-27-2008, 04:28 AM.
                      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                      My LiveJournal
                      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

All my fives are blue... Do you have ghosts on your paper currency as well?

Comment

No ghosts ... but, definitely angry spirits!
                          "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

We've recently changed the whole denomination in my country (Venezuela) but we've always been a colorful money and we continue to be so.

Here are some of our older bills:
                            Older bills
                            And the new ones:
                            New bills

I would comment on USD bills and the new 5 note, but my comments are more appropiate for fratching than for this forum
                            I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

One thing the USA doesn't seem to get about all these anti-counterfeiting measures....

How are they any good if the older money is still considered legal tender?

Think about it....
                              DJ Particle

Comment

Working...
                              X