This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sighting at the cell phone store

My cellphone starting acting up today, so I stopped at the Sprint store tonight to get it looked at, repaired/replaced.

As I'm trying to walk into the store, a little kid of no more than 6 or 7 is standing at the door. I open it, look down to him and say "Excuse me" in a pleasant tone. He just stands there. I say "Excuse me" again and he just stands there, hands on hips like a Power Ranger, as if he's trying to stop a villan. One of the employees comes over to him, tells him he needs to move and he screams at the top of his lungs an obscenity that even I was stunned to hear (fuck you), and runs to his mother hiding behind her legs.

I'm just standing there, not sure what to do. I finally come back to my senses, walk in and get my phone looked at.

It's takes a while, so I sit and read the paper left on one of the chairs. As I'm reading, the little kid comes up and starts punching the paper from the other side. After a few moments, I lower it, give him a 'quit it' look and he stops, for a few moments. As soon as I raise the newspaper, he starts again. I tell him to stop and he flips me off. Gee..wonder what else wonder boy has up his sleeve.

A few moments later, his mother comes up and asks me what the fuck my problem is. Apparently he tells mommy that I was mean to him. I tell her that her son is being a nuisance and that he needs to be disciplined. She tells me that I'm being a bitch and I should mind my own fucking business. Wow, now I know where he gets it from.

Finally, the mother gets her phone, shoots me a dirty look, and the kid flips me off again before they leave.

One of the women waiting leans over and says "What you wanna bet in about 5 years he'll do that to the wrong person at the wrong time and wonder what he did wrong when he gets his ass kicked." I had to wonder the same thing.
    Random conversation:
    Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
    DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

And this years "mother of the year" award goes to! ... not this bitch!

I know a little place just up the road that like to take in kids like this, it's called a juvenile detention center. How much you wanna bet he winds up there too?
    wouldn't lube work better in a f***ing machine?
    ----
    Yes, that’s right. It’s a pair of gold foil headphones. Gold foil. Finally, headphones just as awful as your taste in music.

Comment

Quoth fma_fanatic View Post
      One of the women waiting leans over and says "What you wanna bet in about 5 years he'll do that to the wrong person at the wrong time and wonder what he did wrong when he gets his ass kicked." I had to wonder the same thing.
      Wanna bet that in less than that, Mommy will wonder why Precious is being a royal terror to her?

Comment

I hate parents like that. I was at a movie where this stupid couple had the hearing-impaired headsets on AND were talking to each other. So, they were talking LOUDLY.

After repeated polite requests to not talk, I finally just said "HEY ... shut the FUCK ... UP".

After the movie a father of a kid who was 10 at the MOST came up to me and said that he didn't appreciate me swearing in front of his kid.

Me, being the sweet, sweet man that I am, said: "If you didn't want you son to hear fucking swearing, you wouldn't have brought him to a fucking _R_ rated movie."
        "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

And it's stuff like that that makes me less than adamant in my opposition to violence. While I do not advocate violence, I have no sympathy what-so-ever for those who taunt/torment/bait people and then get what they asked for. That's like feeling sorry for someone who shoves a fork in a light socket and gets shocked.
          ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
          And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
            Wanna bet that in less than that, Mommy will wonder why Precious is being a royal terror to her?
            By 6/7 years, I would think he already is. How many kids on those "I can't discipline my family - help me" shows are already ruling the roost at much younger ages?

I suspect mommie dearest finds it easiest just to give junior whatever he wants to shut him up.

Kind of reminds me of the lady who told me she didn't let her kids watch The Simpsons because of the bad language in it. I'm thinking "WTF?", trying to reflect on any in any episode I've ever seen (okay there's a mild bit every now and then). Then later the kid goes to do some kitchen chore and mummy takes over bellowing "Are you fucking stupid or something?"

Yeah. The Simpsons. That's where your kids picked up "that word".

Comment

Should have finagled the name from the worker and turned her in to child services. Those NAZIS wonderful people will give her some serious hell whether she did anything wrong or not. Give them a few minutes with the kid and see where he ends up.
              GFY

Comment

Funny thing happened today: I had to go back because they didn't give me my memory card for my phone. Who should be there - bitch mother. I tell you, that woman couldn't high tail it out of the store fast enough after she saw me.

The tech at the counter said that her son had tossed her phone into the fountain of the radio station that's about 6 doors down and was trying to get a replacement. Color me not surprised.
                Random conversation:
                Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
                DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

I hope they refused her the replacement.
                  "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Now I know why kids are the way they are these days. It's their parents that are teaching them to speak this way to their elders, and they have been taught that it's all right to do this.

Comment

I am glad that I am a gentleman. I have respect for my elders. Until they disrespect me or my family.
                      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

"What you wanna bet in about 5 years he'll do that to the wrong person at the wrong time and wonder what he did wrong when he gets his ass kicked." I had to wonder the same thing.
                        It wouldn't surprise me if the little shit ends up on a show like Super Nanny or Maury Povich when he gets older.
                        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
                          It wouldn't surprise me if the little shit ends up on a show like Super Nanny or Maury Povich when he gets older.
                          Nah, I figure COPS or America's Most Wanted.
                          The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                          "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                          Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Geek King View Post
                            Nah, I figure COPS or America's Most Wanted.
                            He'll probably be on Jerry Springer...once he gets out of jail

But seriously, that kid is going to say that to the wrong person...who will then beat the shit out of him.
                            Last edited by protege; 06-10-2008, 02:27 PM. Reason: I can't type today :D
                            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
                              I'm actually surprised he hasn't already.
                              "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Working...
                              X