This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know my card numbers by memory.... I'm a freak
    I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

When I moved out of my parents house and lost my credit and debit cards , they never asked me for the number( just my name, last four of my ssn#, address and date of birth) deactivated the old cards and sent out the new ones. BOA maybe known for being a nickling and diming conglomerate, but their customer service is awesome.
      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth tropicsgoddess View Post
        When I moved out of my parents house and lost my credit and debit cards , they never asked me for the number( just my name, last four of my ssn#, address and date of birth) deactivated the old cards and sent out the new ones.
        I completely forgot. When my wallet got stolen, (by a customer, but that's another rant for another time) I called to cancel my ATM/debit card, but, yeah, they just asked me some questions that only I should know the answer to. (Then I called my parents so they could get the Sam's card cancelled, then I moved all my money out of my checking acct, can't get to the savings acct with the card.)
        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Jacen View Post
          Wait... the credit card number (not account, but CC) is on the statement?
          Yup (at least with Citibank it is). Which worries me to no end, since the mailboxes in my building are so easy to jimmy. I've also seen at least one box in the vestibule ajar just enough to let someone slip a knife in there and break the crappy latch/slide mail out.

That's an idea, assign each CC account a number that can't be linked to the card without another piece of info (similar to what some states do for driver's licenses--they use a DL# instead of your SSN*).

In some cases when I've received new cards in the mail, the embossed card number (and in one case the date as well) had transferred to the included letter.

* Why a SSN is even used on any ID is another rant of mine
          "I am quite confident that I do exist."
          "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

I'm with a credit union, and whenever I deal with them the first thing they ask for is my membership number (which is different from my account number and credit card number). I have it memorised because it's much shorter than the other numbers, also I need it to login to online banking.

Also when I go to branches and do withdrawls, they ask for my ID even if I've got the card they issued to me. And when doing online money transfers, I'm presented with nine icons. I have to click the correct three icons in the correct order to proceed.

Comment

See ID isn't recommended by Visa and Mastercard anymore. Their new policy doesn't allow for carding without suspicion of fraud.

Comment

Working...
              X