This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worst waitress ever *comic book guy voice*

I was reminded of this a while back but I'm just now getting around to posting it. This happened to me quite a few years ago, I must have been about 10 to 14 years old. We went to a resteraunt for lunch that was quite popular on Sundays, so I can see how the waitress may have been stressed, but she handled it terribly.

I can't remember all of the things that she did, but I do remember she insulted someone we were dining with. The woman we were with was the only one who hadn't decided on what to eat yet and when it came to her the waitress said "I can understand when little kids can't decide but I'll never know why grown adults do it." We were a little shocked but it wasn't to horrible. But when our food came out I asked her if I could get a refill on my drink. She then grabbed me by my upper arm pulled me a little closer and pulled herself a few inches from my face and almost spit at me "You see those people over there?" *points to a couple sitting at a table a few feet away and says "I have to take their order before I can even worry about your drink." Then walks off. Honestly my first thought was to smack her for touching me, but I refrained, my mom gave me a shocked look but I knew what she was thinking. She complained and we got our meals for free from a very apologetic manager.

Interestingly enough my mom talked to a co worker later the next day and found out they had a similar experience with the same waitress the same day.
    wouldn't lube work better in a f***ing machine?
    ----
    Yes, that’s right. It’s a pair of gold foil headphones. Gold foil. Finally, headphones just as awful as your taste in music.

Quoth Nyx View Post
    She then grabbed me by my upper arm pulled me a little closer and pulled herself a few inches from my face and almost spit at me "You see those people over there?" *points to a couple sitting at a table a few feet away and says "I have to take their order before I can even worry about your drink." Then walks off.
    Now that's where she went way over the line. I'm not usually one to call for a firing, but in that case I think it would have been warranted. That's assault, pure and simple.
    A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

If treated like that by a server, I have absolutely no problem causing a scene, up to and including jumping out of the chair and shouting for her to bring the manager over that moment.

I mean, sometimes it's fun to let your inner SC run all over the truly deserving.

Comment

That's when I send my daughter over to the drink fountain to get her own refill, tell the waitress that if she assaults my daughter again I will momentarily forget that she's a woman, and then proceed to complain to the manager.
        "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth IT Grunt View Post
          Now that's where she went way over the line. I'm not usually one to call for a firing, but in that case I think it would have been warranted. That's assault, pure and simple.
          Yeah, I usually am emberassed when people complain but she had it coming I think.

Quoth marasbaras View Post
          That's when I send my daughter over to the drink fountain to get her own refill, tell the waitress that if she assaults my daughter again I will momentarily forget that she's a woman, and then proceed to complain to the manager.
          Well it wasn't the kind of resteraunt where you could get it yourself. The drinks were in the kitchen.And I had been drinking hot tea.
          wouldn't lube work better in a f***ing machine?
          ----
          Yes, that’s right. It’s a pair of gold foil headphones. Gold foil. Finally, headphones just as awful as your taste in music.

Comment

Well it wasn't the kind of resteraunt where you could get it yourself. The drinks were in the kitchen.
            When treated like that, I will walk wherever I choose.
            "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

If I was touched by a wait staff like that, I would make a scene. If the wait staff was male, I would take him down.
              Under The Moon Paranormal Research
              San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

i have a a bad reflex when touched.... police would be called because of multiple assult claims...

Comment

Having spent long enough in battles with my siblings, I think there would be about a 50/50 chance of something instinctive happening to the waitress when she grabbed me. That crossed the line there. No matter how bad things are, those of us in food service are getting PAID to suck it up and smile. Apt thread title!
                  Your true character is who you are when no one is looking.
                  --Unknown

Comment

Maybe it's because a woman but I have no problem hitting a man or woman in self defense and I would consider what she did deserving of at least a shoving right before I yell at her until she cries and then ask for the manager.

The point is, now that I'm done rambling, that if you you'd hit a man for committing assult like she did then you should hit her or any other woman who acts like that.
                    How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

First rule of customer service: NO TOUCHIE!
                      It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
                      -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Quoth Soulstealer View Post
                        The point is, now that I'm done rambling, that if you you'd hit a man for committing assult like she did then you should hit her or any other woman who acts like that.
                        Just a reminder not to turn this thread into a debate of whether it's right for males to hit females, or vice versa, as this thread is not about that. It's about a waitress who grabbed a young teen by the arm.
                        Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

I wonder how long the waitress lasted at that restaurant.
                          Unseen but seeing
                          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                          3rd shift needs love, too
                          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I remember this story. Didn't the old post mention that it wasn't the first time someone complained about the waitress?
                            My Fanfic Page
                            My Fiction Page
                            My Social Group
                            My Pet Social Group
                            My You Tube Channel

Comment

Ugh. What a b-tch. Hope she got in trouble over that stunt. because the law seems to take a dim view of stranger touching minors.

Comment

Working...
                              X