This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As related by a delivery driver...

The local ethanol shortage is over for the time being, and this morning I was talking to a delivery driver about the problems it caused. He related this tale:

He once delivered to a service station that was closed for a computer upgrade. They were still taking deliveries but couldn't sell anything. They had traffic cones blocking all the pumps, signs on the pumps, and signs on the doors and inside the store.

This idiot moved the traffic cones so she could get her car near the pump, pulled the sign off the pump, and tried to fill up. After she realised nothing was happening, she complained that they should put up signs and have "some way of stopping people going near the pumps".

Brains... failing...
    "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Well, you know, those cones weren't six foot high, reflective yellow, and BOLTED to the road surface. I mean, ANYONE can get around those.

Comment

That hurt. A lot.

A week away from here really lets the brain forget about some peoples' stupidity.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Oh Dear...

Comment

Me: What do you the think cone you moved and sign you removed were for? Now get lost, no gas for you!
            "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post
              no gas for you!
              or anyone else, at least until the system upgrade's finished

Comment

Just when you think you've heard it all....
                Know why it's called the American "Dream"? 'Cause you have to be asleep to believe it! --George Carlin

Comment

Working...
                X