This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's NOT an excuse....

I was driving to Tampa on Monday afternoon to visit my grandpa. I live kind of near Orlando, so it's a pretty easy drive down I-4. About halfway there, I was starting to get tired, so I ran by a McDonalds in a REALLY nice part of town (i.e. lots of spoiled rich kids) to get a cheeseburger and a coke to keep me awake. I went through the drive thru because I frankly didn't feel like getting out (I've been packing all week, sue me). The car in front of me was taking FOREVER to order, and after I put my window down, I got to hear why.

Me: ta-daa!
    Car: Idiots in the car
    DT: Poor drive thru person

Car: Yeah, and I want a wrap. No, I want a salad. No, I think I want a wrap salad (or some other random thing) No, not with *couldn't hear*, with *this*! (rudely).
    DT: Ok, is tha-
    Car: Oh, and I want a fruit bowl!
    DT: A what?
    Car: Oh, nevermind! *random yelling, etc*

I pull through and pay and get my food, and the idiots are pulled off to the side of the drive thru doing some sort of a chinese fire drill it appears (half of them are out of the car). I'm feeling particularly snarky, so I roll my window down.

Me: excuse me, have you ever worked food service? (to the driver)
    Car: Me? No.
    Me: Well I have, and you were incredibly rude back there. That was completely uncalled for.
    Car: Well, it wasn't me. It was them (pointing to his passengers). They're *whispers loudly* drunk.
    Me: That's NOT an excuse. *drives off*

Honestly, it's 4pm on a Monday and your friends are smashed enough to be that rude to a poor drive thru guy? I think you need some new friends.

I felt so bad for the poor guy, I was really nice to him to make up for the idiots.
    Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.

Proverbs 22:6

I'm from central FLA also and let me tell you, there is no such thing as an easy drive down I-4.
    I don't have an anger problem! I have an idiot problem!-Hank Hill

Comment

4:00 PM on a Monday & drunk already? That's so sad...lol.

Comment

Quoth donruss View Post
        I'm from central FLA also and let me tell you, there is no such thing as an easy drive down I-4.
        Try going down I-4 at night under rain so thick you can't see beyound 20cm off your car, and you're forced to follow the tail lights of a large truck to try and stay on the road.
        I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

Quoth Bliss View Post
          Try going down I-4 at night under rain so thick you can't see beyound 20cm off your car, and you're forced to follow the tail lights of a large truck to try and stay on the road.
          That is until the truck winds up off the road. Been there, took pictures. On I-4 oddly enough. (Dad was driving, I was too young at the time)
          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Oddly enough, I drove in real heavy rain both to Tampa and back (welcome to a Florida summer). I hate when drivers, particularly those with white cars, don't put their lights on. It makes them much harder to see (white cars because they blend in more with the spray from the road). I had to follow tail lights a few times because that was the only way I could kind of tell where I was going. I could barely see the lane lines for most of the way though.

Heavy rain + driving = major suckage.
            Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.

Proverbs 22:6

Comment

I've gone to the Orlando and Tampa area quite a bit during my teenage years (half of it was vacationing with the family and to visit my ex). I don't know how anybody could go through I-4 without wanting to , let alone Irlo Bronson Hwy.
              I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
              Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
              Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
                4:00 PM on a Monday & drunk already? That's so sad...lol.
                That's not sad. That's dedication!!!
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Why is it the white, gray/silver and black cars, the ones hardest to see in bad weather, are the ones that will NOT turn on their lights when it's pouring rain? I've seen this everywhere I've driven. Driving over the Sierras, dealing with pouring rain, really cold, with some snow mixed in, hideous, all you can see is gray nothing, and the b**tards won't turn on their lights so you can at least see a dim spot of red through the schmutz.
                  Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                  HR believes the first person in the door
                  Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                  Document everything
                  CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                    That's not sad. That's dedication!!!
                    That's not even dedication--that's Wisconsin for ya.

It has never ceased to amaze me how many of my fellow Wisconsinites are completely lit by mid-afternoon on any given day. And it's not even as if they're at a ball game or anything.
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                      It has never ceased to amaze me how many of my fellow Wisconsinites are completely lit by mid-afternoon on any given day.
                      And yet I spent the first 24 years of my life in WI and mostly only saw drunk people at ballgames and along frat row in Fort Atkinson.
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Oh. Well my city has an overabundance of bars. You almost can't swing your arms without hitting one.
                        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Same here, IPF. You know it's a problem when you see people stumbling around at 10:00 AM.

Although it does make for easy bar hopping and less driving.
                          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                            Oh. Well my city has an overabundance of bars. You almost can't swing your arms without hitting one.
                            Sounds like Wausau.
                            Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

*Wave from an Ex-Tampa resident!*

...I'm pretty sure there's something wrong with the water along I-4, I-75 and I-275 that makes people act like complete twats.

I'm glad I left.
                              "Do not quibble with me over apostrophes. I have my shit together when it comes to apostrophes." - BookBint

Comment

Working...
                              X