This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lazy dumb girls at Subway

In attempt to quit eating junk, I've decided to go to Subway on Fridays from now on. There's a Subway by my parents' house right by the highway to go to my place, and I used to go there several days a week when I still lived at home because the food was always fresh and the employees were great.

I guess with summer being here, all the teenie boppers gotta get jobs. I walked in and two teen girls were chatting and they took their sweet time ending their conversation. Then they argued over who got to serve me and who had to put the cookies and fresh bread away. The one who lost the argument threw a tantrum and said "This is such bullshit!" and grabbed a bunch of trays of cookies and slammed them against the counter before she started putting them away.

The girl who served me didn't seem to know her ass from a hole in the ground. I was really patient with her, but she was just acting like a ditzy little girl. I don't know if she was doing what a lot of young girls do, playing dumb, or if she really was that dumb.

My total was $5.79. I gave her a $10. The register tells her how much to give back. She had a hard time figuring out my change and how to give it back. I tried to be patient....but how hard is it to count 4 $1 bills and two dimes and 1 penny?

They were the only ones working. I'm glad it wasn't a rush!
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Wow. Have you thought about contacting the management? If it's going to be like that all the time that could seriously put a crimp on your plans to eat better.

Comment

Quoth One-Fang View Post
      Wow. Have you thought about contacting the management? If it's going to be like that all the time that could seriously put a crimp on your plans to eat better.
      If they were teenagers, I can't imagine that they'd be left unsupervised, being minors and all. But right off the bat, ignoring the customer, griping about *gasp* having to work, and swearing in plain earshot of the customer are big no-no's. I'd contact a manager. New or not, there's no excuse for that kind of behavior. I'm not bitter from working with lazy teenagers, honest. Nope, not me
      The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

Quoth LadyBarbossa View Post
        I'm not bitter from working with lazy teenagers, honest. Nope, not me
        I AM a teenager and am bitter from working with lazy ones.

Regarding the OP - cursing in front of customers and complaining about having to work? Very, very bad.
        "...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?!" ~ Kalga

"DO NOT ENRAGE THE MIGHTY SKY DRAGON." ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

I'm tolerant of other people's feelings. But that doesn't include having someone act like a two year old while working. Usually such things aren't worth the time they take to complain about... but I'd consider it.

It's not really our job, as customers, to train the help. MAking comments or corrections is rude, PERIOD. But part of the reason a manager is there.. is to MANAGE. They can't do that if no one comes forward with the truth about the employee's actions.

This was over the top.

Comment

Thank God I never had to work with teenagers,then again you do have adults that can be lazy and dumb too.
            I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
            Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
            Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Oh oh, Subway stories. >< I use to hit up Subway now and then since it was near our old office ( Thank God they eventually opened a Mr Sub next to us. ). They always left this vacant eyed toad like creature on shift in the evening. By himself.

Now, the task of constructing a sandwich is relatively simple. Especially if you are a highly trained "sandwich artist" as Subway employees are suppose to be.

This guy actually put the sandwich together wrong. Like he put the top of the sandwich on upside down. He was unable to reassemble a piece of bread correctly. ><

Comment

In fairness, I think a lot of us have complained about our jobs... granted I doubt many of us have been stupid enough to do it in front of customers... granted I've sometimes jokingly complained (like with the regulars that you know well enough to know you're joking when you say things like "check you in, do I have to, can we put that off" and please do note that the few people I've ever done that too can plainly see me working on checking them into their room while I'm saying that so between tone of voice and the fact that they can see that I'm doing what they asked they know it's a joke and most laugh).
                Oh and cursing... big no no... I've seen people fired for that.
                And yes, I too hate the lazy teenager... never was a lazy teenager myself... oh I won't go so far as to say I was the perfect employee, I made a lot of mistakes, but I learned from them and tried not to repeat them... sadly this isn't a trick that a lot of people learn.
                If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Last time I went into Subway, I ordered a veggie sandwich. The guy there asked what I wanted. As I was telling him cucumber, he was grabbing the tomato. When I asked for green pepper he grabbed the olives.

I was a little sucky, and rolled my eyes at him, he said, "Sorry it's my first day today." I said, "I understand, but I'm a vegetarian and even I know the difference between a Chicken and roast beef."
                  You don't know what Hades is until you've worked at least one Christmas Season in a toy store that offers free gift wrapping.

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                    The girl who served me didn't seem to know her ass from a hole in the ground. I was really patient with her, but she was just acting like a ditzy little girl. I don't know if she was doing what a lot of young girls do, playing dumb, or if she really was that dumb.
                    Both, actually. I knew this girl in high school, who once told me that she'd been quite bright until about 3rd grade. Then she realized that she wasn't popular because she was "brainy," so she decided to become dumb (her words, not mine.)

And it worked. By high school she was known as the class twit. She never read anything, asked dumb questions all the time, and it wasn't an act anymore. She had literally made herself dumb. But she was popular.

I let go of my ambitions of popularity right then and there. So not worth it.
                    "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

Comment

Quoth JoitheArtist View Post
                      I let go of my ambitions of popularity right then and there. So not worth it.
                      Verily, tis so! Sheeple generally don't like those who are 'different' than they are, for any reason. Since 9-out-of-10 of the beings called 'Humans' are really Sheeple pretending to be otherwise, people with two brain-cells to rub together unfortunately tend not to be popular.
                      ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                      And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Kind of reminds me of Lisa Simpson making her graph to show how being clever means a dip in popularity. XD
                        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
                        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Quoth InsuranceGuru View Post
                          I was a little sucky, and rolled my eyes at him, he said, "Sorry it's my first day today." I said, "I understand, but I'm a vegetarian and even I know the difference between a Chicken and roast beef."
                          Yeah, it's certainly irritating, but keep in mind that he could be really nervous and not used to how things work or really paranoid about getting everything right, thus screwing everything up. (or does that only happen to me?)
                          "Have muck knowledge, but no certainties. Live. I am sorry, Sorianna." -Gverion

Check out my DeviantArt Site
                          Or my Webcomic!

Comment

I tend not to have any problems with teenage workers (watch, that will jinx me...). I'm a Girl Guide leader and I work with the 12-15s all the time, so I seem to have developed a bit of a vibe that tells them how much they can fool around and when they've crossed the line. Usually it only takes one mild Look and a quiet comment to settle them right down.

College students, on the other hand, are another story. I went back to school last fall and spent 2 semesters resisting the urge to smack someone. The topper had to be the guy who said, in an intro psych class, "you're a keener, aren't you?" in a nasty tone. I replied in perfect honesty that having paid $500 tuition, damn right I was a keener, and what was this, junior high? (It's not like my grade affected his anyway, grading on a curve isn't allowed at my college).

Comment

Quoth Buglady View Post
                              College students, on the other hand, are another story. I went back to school last fall and spent 2 semesters resisting the urge to smack someone. The topper had to be the guy who said, in an intro psych class, "you're a keener, aren't you?" in a nasty tone. I replied in perfect honesty that having paid $500 tuition, damn right I was a keener, and what was this, junior high? (It's not like my grade affected his anyway, grading on a curve isn't allowed at my college).
                              OT, but what is a "keener"?
                              Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Working...
                              X