This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
    and our wonderful legal system /sarcasm (i'll leave it at that, more would cross into fratching territory) actually granted it...
    Well, that state's legal system granted it. Property law varies from state to state - a temp RO like that won't hold long in GA court, due to the fun of usufructs and other interesting state laws we have on property. (At least, assuming this is in GA. Repsac says he's 40-50 miles from Savannah. If SC, I can't say.)

Rest assured, that guy's shenanigans are going to get his ass handed to him in the eviction process. The law does not look kindly on false accusations of terrorizing.

Comment

Quoth repsac View Post
      TINY little town located about fourty or fifty miles north west of Savannah.
      Tiger Ridge?

Comment

Quoth marasbaras View Post
        At least in his case they were catering food ... and not drugs like it was in mine.
        Well, I am wondering why the lady was so dead-set against having the lawn mowed......

Comment

Quoth Reyneth View Post
          Well, I am wondering why the lady was so dead-set against having the lawn mowed......
          Maybe it was special food. ::shifty eyes::
          "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
          - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Nah. Reidsville. Right smack dab in the middle of three (or four) prisons. Most everyone that lives here has some tie to the prison system.

Oh, and yeah, UPDATE:

It gets funnier. Uncle has taken them to court, as I stated. Well imagine his shock to be served papers stating that they're bringing a lawyer along. Oh, wait you can't imagine the shock.

Let me explain.

He's suing them in magistrate's court. Think Judge Judy or Judge Joe Brown. Meaning: "NO LAWYERS!" Morons are shelling out cash to get this guy to defend them in what amounts to small claims court. That's going to be fun to watch I imagine.

White Out:

So, today while talking to him (after hearing about the lawyer, Uncle tells me that he's quote "Got the crooked blank by the gonads." When I ask why, he explains.

He got the original Lease to purchase agreement back today, and while looking at it noticed that idiot (rentor) had used white out correction fluid on it to white out the original date. What's worse, he didn't do a very good job of it, meaning that even the most casual observer can tell that the document was tampered with. No I don't know the law on this, but apparently the Real Estate agent thinks that some major badness has occured because of this and expects things to get really bad on Tues.
            Learn wisdom by the follies of others.

Comment

Repsac...I love your avatar I really do.

Now...to the renters, they are idiots. Really thought they were going to get over on him big time and now they have failed. Failed to the nth degree. I hope your Uncle can take them for quite a bit.

Comment

I believe in most states the renter agreement is considered a contract and is protected and regulated by contract law. [snickers] Oh this should be funny when the judge sees it, wonder how they found a lawyer stupid enough to take their money.
                Seph
                Taur10
                "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

Aethian, my little kitsune says arigato.

As to the lawyer:

I'm not totally sure they're telling the guy the whole story. Remember they've called the cops on my Uncle several times. They could be claiming that he's trying to break the lease agreement they have with him, without telling the Lawyer that they themselves have already done that.

That's the only thing I can really think of.

Comment

Your uncle should probably get a signed statement from the Real Estate agent about the white-out for his documentation at court (assuming he can't get the agent there in person).

I can't wait to hear further updates. This is sounding like good entertainment. Pity it's not on actual TV (or is it?).

"Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                    - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
                      Pity it's not on actual TV (or is it?).
                      Now THAT would be a blast!
                      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Rather curious turn of events just now.

Doorbell just rang while I was trying to fix some of my UI's in wow. Putting that aside I trot up to the door only to find someone I do not know looking back at me through the glass. Gathering up the curious beagles that trotted out with me, I then turn and ask if I can help her. Turns out she's looking for my mother.

Ok, no biggie there.

Mom comes to the door in her Mumu...(she's sick) and is promptly handed a paper. Mom's getting SERVED? Taking it I read and find that she's being called for a witness. ok, that's no biggie. Uncle probably....wait. Defendants? Oh bloody hell. (Sorry raps) She's being called for the idiots across the street. People whom she's never met. Oh that's curious. I mean what can she tell them? "I've never met that idiot, what you want me to testify for him? HOW?"

It gets better.

The lady also asks me if I know where (other lady) is. The name doesn't ring a bell right away, so I tell her no. She trots off to find (other lady). While talking with my mother, I remember. Other lady is Uncle's new wife! So now, they expect her to testify against her husband? Isn't that covered under the law somewhere?

Comment

Oh this just keeps getting better and better. Are these people idiots? (wait dumb question, don't answer that)

On the other hand it is going to be oh so fun to read about the PWNing they are inevitably going to get
                          "Honestly officer, he asked for a shot and I gave him one. Why do you need the handcuffs?" - MannersMakethMan

Comment

As far as I know a spouse can not testify against their spouse.

Comment

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Witnesses

Look at the section "Relationship to a party". Most times, in most trials, from that reading, a spouse can be called as a witness.

Comment

I have to disagree with not being able to run a business from your home--even if you're only renting.

That's a slippery slope, because next thing you know you won't be allowed to sell on eBay from your home.

Other than that, though, these guys sound like nothing but lowlives.
                                Know why it's called the American "Dream"? 'Cause you have to be asleep to believe it! --George Carlin

Comment

Working...
                                X