Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am an abominaton (Another Train Story)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am an abominaton (Another Train Story)

Obligatory Disclaimer: I do not have anything against Christians or any other religion. /End Obligatory Disclaimer
    I was reminded of this story by the Yelling About Jesus Thread.

I was catching the train home (as I do every day) when I man Holding a Bible get on. The Bible in itself was unusual as often see people reading it on the train.

However what was unusual was the fact that he was reading LOUDLY aloud from this bible.. His passage of choice? Deuteronomy 22 (Yes I looked it up) He read from the beginning and when he got to

"A woman shall not wear man's clothing, nor shall a man put on a woman's clothing; for whoever does these things is an abomination to the LORD your God"

He started pointing at Woman who were wearing pants and saying

"You are an Abomination"

Including me... Before I could say anything the woman he pointed to before me piped up with "Buddy I don't know what your talking about but the tag on these pants reads 'Womans Size 12" So how bout you read your book quietly"

At which point he actually shut the hell up and didn't say a word til he got off about 15 minutes later!!!
    Last edited by TealJellyfish; 06-18-2008, 02:10 AM.

Haha, that's pretty funny.......women have been wearing pants for at least the past 60 years.......

I need to copy that part of the Bible and anonymously mail it to my ex roomate. He's a "devout" Catholic who supposedly has the Bible memorized and abides by all the rules, yet is a huge advocate of premarital sex and is a totally open and out there crossdresser.

I have nothing against premarital sex or crossdressers or whatever religion you choose to follow....I just find it odd and hypocritical to be so harsh yet break many rules yourself and not have a problem with it.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

YAY woman!!
      No offence, but lets not preach at the nice, tired people who have been deal with asshats all day and just wanna get home!!
      every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.... for every person I can stand being around there is and eqaul and opposite idiot....... -_- damn stupid people

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
        Haha, that's pretty funny.......women have been wearing pants for at least the past 60 years.......

I need to copy that part of the Bible and anonymously mail it to my ex roomate. He's a "devout" Catholic who supposedly has the Bible memorized and abides by all the rules, yet is a huge advocate of premarital sex and is a totally open and out there crossdresser.

I have nothing against premarital sex or crossdressers or whatever religion you choose to follow....I just find it odd and hypocritical to be so harsh yet break many rules yourself and not have a problem with it.
        I hate hypocritical people. I used to be Catholic but couldn't the hypocritical nature of the church . teachingHowever I don't want this topic to turn into a debate on religion... So Ill shut up now:P

Comment

Quoth Wicked_Lexi View Post
          "A woman shall not wear man's clothing, nor shall a man put on a woman's clothing; for whoever does these things is an abomination to the LORD your God"

He started pointing at Woman who were wearing pants and saying

"You are an Abomination"
          I quote a wise man:

"I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints. The sinners are much more fun."

(Cookies to you if you get the reference.)

Been a proud abomination for as long as I can remember. I think if someone were to walk up to me and say that I would probably laugh in their face, and then punch them out. Or maybe I would punch them out, and then stand laughing over their bleeding sniveling form. Then again, laughter is the best medicine... Oh, decisions, decisions.
          ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

Quoth Amethyst Hunter View Post
            I quote a wise man:

"I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints. The sinners are much more fun."

Been a proud abomination for as long as I can remember. I think if someone were to walk up to me and say that I would probably laugh in their face, and then punch them out. Or maybe I would punch them out, and then stand laughing over their bleeding sniveling form. Then again, laughter is the best medicine... Oh, decisions, decisions.

*scratches head* If I believed in so called "sin" I would be going to hell. I heard a comedian say the other day "Yes I know I'm going to hell but fuck it, its warm and I'm going to know people there"

Which kinda sums up my view perfectly

Comment

I quote a wise man:

Billy Joel...and I hope those cookies go well with the earworm now.

Comment

That's the only Billy Joel I have on my computer.

Stupid earworms.
                The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Heh heh. I gave people worms. Huh huh huh huh huh. *continues Beavis & Butt-head laugh*
                  ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

Heh heh. I gave people worms. Huh huh huh huh huh. *continues Beavis & Butt-head laugh*
                    But no cookies yet!

Comment

I am a Christian and I wear pants and capris and shorts so........ I must be a lying blaspheming abomination....... or something.
                      "...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?!" ~ Kalga

"DO NOT ENRAGE THE MIGHTY SKY DRAGON." ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

And what was this person wearing? I doubt it was an appropriately Biblical robe.

It's funny how people interpret rules made several thousand years ago as meaning we need to dress the way people did sixty-five years ago; when those verses were written everyone wore robes.

Comment

off topic did any one else pull up lexis link then pull up the king james verison to try to understand it because new bible speak hurt their brain, like i did?

Comment

The Old Testament is full of old laws. Lots of Christian sects literally "pick and choose" from those for some odd reason. I don't really get it. As far as I see it, we should ask our Hebrew brethern their take on the matter since...hmm...it's made of their books!

I actually find the laws in Leviticus & Deut quite interesting. I like trying to figure out why they were laws. But, I am an oober nerd. And about the different translations: I have older and newer ones. Makes for Bible study that makes sense when comparing lol

I am glad for that lady, though. It's true, they make "women's pants" so there!
                            When it comes to getting things done, we need fewer architects and more bricklayers. ---Colleen C. Barrett---

Comment

Quoth thehippie777 View Post
                              The Old Testament is full of old laws. Lots of Christian sects literally "pick and choose" from those for some odd reason. I don't really get it. As far as I see it, we should ask our Hebrew brethern their take on the matter since...hmm...it's made of their books!
                              If you read further in that very chapter, there are some rules I've never seen the craziest of fundies trying to implement, such as "if a man rapes a virgin he pays her father money then marries her."

Comment

Working...
                              X