Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am an abominaton (Another Train Story)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Anriana View Post
    And what was this person wearing? I doubt it was an appropriately Biblical robe.
    Ha. Exactly. I just picture the guy riding the train dressed like Evan Almighty, now.

Point the guy to this page.

Comment

Quoth computeraide View Post
      Ha. Exactly. I just picture the guy riding the train dressed like Evan Almighty, now.

Point the guy to this page.
      Ooooh, very nice page, and the point about the use of geber vs 'iysh really does make quite a bit of logical sense.

For those that don't want to read the article: Geber is the Hebrew word for "strong/powerful man", referring to warriors, while 'iysh simply refers to males in general. The original Hebrew of the passage uses the word geber, therefore more accurately translates as forbidding women to be soldiers and soldiers from crossdressing, among other points.
      Last edited by JustADude; 06-26-2008, 10:01 AM.
      ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
      And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth Amethyst Hunter View Post
        I quote a wise man:

"I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints. The sinners are much more fun."

(Cookies to you if you get the reference.)

Been a proud abomination for as long as I can remember. I think if someone were to walk up to me and say that I would probably laugh in their face, and then punch them out. Or maybe I would punch them out, and then stand laughing over their bleeding sniveling form. Then again, laughter is the best medicine... Oh, decisions, decisions.
        Billy Joel, baby!
        "Do not quibble with me over apostrophes. I have my shit together when it comes to apostrophes." - BookBint

Comment

Working...
        X