This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
    we need to reset up a descent train system for passanger travel... it would be eaiser for people like my sister who are afraid of buses and planes
    That would be nice. It'd be great if my mom could visit us, but she's afraid of flying and doesn't want to drive from Arizona to Oregon with gas at $4.50/gallon (can't blame her)! Unfortunately, IIRC, Amtrak doesn't even stop in Phoenix or the vicinity.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
      I love traveling by train. I can travel sober and straight on a train, instead of drunk and/or stoned, like I have to on a plane.

You can get up and walk around on a train. You can go wander up and down through other cars.

Yay trains!

That idiot would never have touched her had she been a man. He was trying to intimidate her. Probably shoves his wife around.
      Do they work better than sleeping pills? Those don't work for me at all. I'm starting to wonder if vicodin would work but now there's the option of being drunk to think about. Or option 3, combination cocktail.
      How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

I rode on Amtrak once. And I had a good time. But it is expensive.
        Under The Moon Paranormal Research
        San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
          That would be nice. It'd be great if my mom could visit us, but she's afraid of flying and doesn't want to drive from Arizona to Oregon with gas at $4.50/gallon (can't blame her)! Unfortunately, IIRC, Amtrak doesn't even stop in Phoenix or the vicinity.
          There's a stop in Maricopa, near the junction of 238 and 347, at least according to Amtrak's website. There is also what I'm guessing is bus shuttle service to it from three different points in Pheonix.

Quoth powerboy View Post
          I rode on Amtrak once. And I had a good time. But it is expensive.
          I ran a really quick price comparison to flying and it looked about 20% cheaper. (Granted, I only checked one route on one set of dates, so it's not a detailed check, but IMO not having to go through security might make it worthwhile in and of itself.)

Comment

Quoth JoitheArtist View Post
            Conductor backs away fast, pushes his hand away, and begins to say in a VERY loud and firm voice, "Do not touch me, sir! I will have to report this, and you need to leave the train immediately."
            But, but, but, but "Dear Abby" says it is perfectly acceptable to touch and grab employees!!!
            Last edited by sms001; 06-22-2008, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Quoth Gurndigarn View Post
              but IMO not having to go through security might make it worthwhile in and of itself.)
              That's one of the reasons that (as much as i like to fly) taking the train is just so much easier. You don't have to get to the station hours early like you do with the airport. You just walk in, print out your tickets and go. Plus i don't have to worry about getting motion sickness on a train.
              Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Heh, I loved the train the time I went. Aside from the nasty gray water...

An amusing note, I was checking one time to see what the schedule for an Amtrak was so far as traveling to Atlanta (there was a wrestling school there I was looking into). To go from Little Rock, AR, to Atlanta, GA...the train had to connect through CHICAGO and WASHINGTON D.C. Which turned what would be a 9-hour, 500 mile drive into a 48-hour tour of America, not figuring in delays.

However, it is...ONLY a $300 ticket...
                "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Working...
                X