Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not too sucky, slighty odd. (kinda long, kinda boring....eh) :)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not too sucky, slighty odd. (kinda long, kinda boring....eh) :)

This happened to me a while back.

I came home one day (when I was still living with Mom) to find a huge box addressed to me. After learning of my love (or obsession) with the LOTR movies, a friend thought it'd be funny to send me a life size cardboard cutout of the character Aragorn. It was funny, I put it up in my bedroom called him said thank you etc.

Not even a week later, I come home to a HUGER (real word? LOL) box addressed to me, by the same company. I look inside to find not one, not two but THREE lifesize cardboard cutout basebell player: Jeter, A-rod and some other guy I had never heard of.

Now, I dont watch baseball..I dont watch any sports. So, I wondered why my friend had them sent to me and I called him, very confused. He didnt buy them and was also very confused. I looked in the box, no invoice. I look ON the box and theres a number, so I call.

Me: Hi. I just received a package I didnt order. What would you like me to do with it?
    Weird Lady on phone: Can I have the order number?
    Me: I dont have the order number, just a box with 3 baseball players and no idea who they belong to. Theres no invoice with them.
    WL: Well, I CANT help you without a order number.
    Me: I dont think you understand what Im saying. I DIDNT order anything, but I recieved THREE cutouts today from you and I want to make sure they get to the right people.
    WL:.......
    Me...... Hello?
    WL: What do u want me to do..?

So, I TRIED to explain, seriously for like 5 more minutes and I really dont think she understood that I wanted to return an un-ordered package.

I eventually hung up with her and gave them away as christmas gifts.....

What was I supposed to do with THREE lifesize cutouts of baseball players?!?

Make them into voodoo dolls?
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Bonfire!!!
      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
      HR believes the first person in the door
      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
      Document everything
      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

I've got $20 that says when someone calls her and says "Why aren't my three lifesize cutouts of baseball players here yet?" she responds "I thought you called to say you had them!!"

Comment

Quoth Amina516 View Post
          WL: What do u want me to do..?
          "I return the question to you, what the f*ck should I do with these three cutouts I didn't order, and hate, by the by... I could have just kept them and your company would be out a lot of money. I'm trying to make good on a mistake."
          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

I would of had so much fun with those! Oh my goodness! I would of put them in my garden peeking around trees or some such or peeking out of windows.. just to creep people out!

Comment

Quoth Wicked_Lexi View Post
              I would of had so much fun with those! Oh my goodness! I would of put them in my garden peeking around trees or some such or peeking out of windows.. just to creep people out!
              That's what I told the wife about the roadside sales of metal statuary. Up here we have four or five places that sell things ranging from deer and eagles, to dinosaurs, dragons, and robots. I so want to buy them and set them peeking around trees and bushes along the roads! Y'know, if they werent $$$$$$

/ontopic

I love those for parties and such, drunks get freaked out by the cardboard people in the corners.

Comment

Quoth PCGameGuy View Post
                I love those for parties and such, drunks get freaked out by the cardboard people in the corners.

Yeah, at one of our local art museums there's this live-sized, realistic mannequin/statue of some random guy standing there, and when you see it for the first time you think it's a real person (the statues holding a book or something, so it doesn't look too weird standing there unmoving) and when I was little my dad had me convinced it was a real person standing there.
                "Have muck knowledge, but no certainties. Live. I am sorry, Sorianna." -Gverion

Check out my DeviantArt Site
                Or my Webcomic!

Comment

Quoth Sorianna View Post
                  Yeah, at one of our local art museums there's this live-sized, realistic mannequin/statue of some random guy standing there, and when you see it for the first time you think it's a real person (the statues holding a book or something, so it doesn't look too weird standing there unmoving) and when I was little my dad had me convinced it was a real person standing there.
                  On the flip-side, I was at a hotel in Texas with the in-laws checking out the Christmas light display, and there was a gold statue sitting on a bench in one of the courtyard areas. Another girl sat next to the statue for a photo, and right after the flash went off the statue moved to stare at her! The guy was doing such a great job of holding still.
                  "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                  - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Hehe, I like living statues. Better than mimes. Mimes freak me out.
                    "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Quoth Samaliel View Post
                      Hehe, I like living statues. Better than mimes. Mimes freak me out.
                      OOOOOOOH! Yeah, those guys are awesome! Takes one hell of a lot of dedication to do that, and it's like getting to mess with the Palace Guards without going to London. And yes, I have left a pretty good contribution after doing so.
                      ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                      And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
                        On the flip-side, I was at a hotel in Texas with the in-laws checking out the Christmas light display, and there was a gold statue sitting on a bench in one of the courtyard areas.
                        Some day, I will have the determination/ability to go out and do statuary in public... Would be much fun.
                        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Am I the only one thinking you could have had a real Kevin McCallister moment?
                          You know, Home Alone when he set up a whole party of people with cutouts and mannequins to make it look like there was a real shindig going on inside?

Comment

Next time any of you are in Las Vegas, stop at the Venetian and go through the shopping plaza.

Not necessarily to look in any of the shops full of things you can't afford, but there's a guy who does the statue thing. He's painted all in white and can usually be found in one of the "commons" areas doing his thing.
                            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Yeah, at the Saturday Market I sell at, we have a guy who stands on a box at the corner, covered head to toe in copper paint, with one of those whirly whistles in his mouth....the round ones that wheeerrrr higher and higher pitched the harder you blow. If you put money in the slot in the box, he starts to move around like a machine......he's really good. Its a hoot when its slow outside and he's been standing still for awhile then does something little like turn his head to look at someone. I've seen so many tourists jump out of their skin and practically wet themselves. (Doesn't help that his location looks like somewhere someone would actually put a statue).
                              ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Working...
                              X