This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loud Bus Conversation........

I kind of felt sorry for this woman, but then again the entire bus did NOT need to hear her entire conversation on her mobile phone. Basically she looked a bit dishevelled, but hey it was raining and a crappy afternoon, so I probably looked just as crash hot.

So I bored the bus and its not too busy considering the weather. I take my seat near the front and wait for the 5 minture drive to the train station to be over....it was a very long 5 minutes.

First off the entire rest of the bus is quiet, even the school kids at the back!! So we are all sitting there and this woman must have been listening when I got on, for no sooner had we pulled away the LOUD conversation ensued.

Ok the gist of the story was she was on the phone to someone who was like 43yo and was looking after a child. The child had lived with said person on the other end of the phone (lets call her stupid woman) for a majority of their life. The bus lady was trying to remain calm, but the raising of her voice obviously showing her frustration. From the tone of her voice you could tell that she had been saying the same thing for the last little while and still had no impact.

She was saying that her mother (so BM) was recovering from Brain surgery after having a tumor removed. The Stupid Woman on the other end of the phone was upset cause the BM was going to file for custody of the SW kid. the Bus lady was merely saying please stop harrassing mum before she has to go in for more sugery and while she is recovering. If she didn't the bus lady was going to get a restraining order out on the SW so her mother could recover in peace and they could sort it out later.

That sent SW off.....so rinse lather and repeat the conversation on how they weren't taking sides, she just wanted to best recovery time for her mother etc, she didn't want to get an order but would if she didn't stop harrassing the sick mother.

In the end SW hung up on the bus lady. Which ensued in her loudly complaining, and looking for someone to make eye contact so she could complain to them. I promptly looked out the window. With no one on the bus to complain to she proceeded to call her mother and complain about the entire situation. Apparently the mother is a bit of a agrrevator and got the SW po-ed in the first place.

FINALLY the bus stopped, and I exited quickly!! I kind of felt sorry for her however she didn't need to air all this in quite such a public forum. Sorry for the length of this.
    every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.... for every person I can stand being around there is and eqaul and opposite idiot....... -_- damn stupid people

Public transportation. I take it everyday. This type of thing is when I miss driving my own car.

I'm sorry you had to listen to that. Thank goodness it was only five minutes.

I'm the type that doesn't do that type of call. I call, or take a call, make my statement, then hang up. Person calls back, I don't answer. I'll even set my phone for that number to be refused or go direct to voicemail.
    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
    HR believes the first person in the door
    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
    Document everything
    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

I actually felt bad for the woman, who was obviously dealing with issues beyond her control. However annoying much I didn't need to hear the stupid convo.....

Yeah 5mins felt like a year and a half!!
      every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.... for every person I can stand being around there is and eqaul and opposite idiot....... -_- damn stupid people

Comment

It's an awful situation she was in. But I do think that while riding public transport may not have been the most optimum time for her to make that phone call. Perhaps she received it? And got dragged into the conversation?

I hate bus callers. Some of them are so loud and yeah, you're thinking "Buddy, I have an INDOOR voice - don't you?" Actually, let's apply that just to people on busses, sometimes it's to the person sitting beside them, not a phone call. Especially if they're 'youthful'.

Comment

Working...
        X