X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth katie kaboom View Post
    And one woman's opinion also.

And the ironic part is, (correct me OP, if i'm wrong) the whole point of this thread was that people need to mind their own business. But instead everyone jumps on this person for using the same plate twice. Ok so you wouldn't do that. Doesn't mean no one else in the world would. But to completely miss the point of the thread and instead just throw judgements and criticism the OPs way is silly.

I'm sure this post pissed off a number of people (although i want to emphasize that that was not my intention,) so i will probably just go back to lurking from now on.
    This is quite possibly the stupidest thing I have ever read, and I've read the entire Fanfic That Shall Not Be Named.

Let's address the issue of reusing plates for a moment. The OP hadn't visited a buffet in a while and didn't know that was what was supposed to be done. Okay, honest mistake, and easily dealt with by saying "Sorry, I didn't know that" and using a fresh plate.

Let's now focus on what was said to the OP. We do not know the specific wording used or the tone of voice. But we do know the OP was evidently bothered enough that he gave a rather graphic description of the guy who asked him to use a new plate (most likely so we'd think badly of him off the bat and not consider what he asked of the OP), responded with a sarcastic "Thanks" and seriously thought about flipping the guy off, which only would have escalated things and possibly started a fight. Which could have gotten him tossed out of the restaurant and/or arrested.

And nobody here would defend that, right? Right?

I probably wouldn't say anything about it myself, but I don't fault Mr "Perfect orb-front ass"for doing so himself. He may have asked nicer than the OP indicated, and there are possibly health code mandates that require the use of clean plates. You know, if I ever come across a dog locked in a hot car on a sweltering day, maybe I should keep my mouth shut and not say anything. To speak up would be not minding my own business.

Lastly, anybody who would get so worked up about something like this probably could use some anger management counseling, because I'd hate to see how they respond if they ever encounter somebody who does something to them that genuinely merits the kind of response the OP made.

So yes, I am going to throw criticisms the OP's way. Not for reusing his plate, but for the way he responded to the person asking him to use a new one.
    Last edited by Irving Patrick Freleigh; 06-24-2008, 09:08 PM.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

WOW. I thought this site was a safe place for people to vent their frustrations. Guess i was wrong. So i'll be leaving now.
      Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Ummm, the only reason people did comment on the OP's view isn't because they didn't use a fresh plate; but (as IPF said) because they ranted on a person's appearance before even writing what that person did.

And this site is a very safe place to vent frustrations; but, it is not a site to bash or ridicule a person based on their looks.

Comment

Quoth kibbles View Post
          And this site is a very safe place to vent frustrations; but, it is not a site to bash or ridicule a person based on their looks.
          But it's a site to bash someone who did something you people disagree with?
          Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

No one is bashing anyone; but, people are naturally questionning why a person's appearance was relevant to the story at all. That's not a bash IMO.

Comment

Despite the friendly warning a couple pages ago, this thread is clearly getting out of hand. It ends here.
              Sometimes life is altered.
              Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
              Uneasy with confrontation.
              Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Working...
              X