Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey hey i have auto mentle correct that means i have to scutinese my own writng for typos but i pick them up afterwords right away.
    Its call dyslexia, other learning disorders, and borcas aphashia.
    im not offended, but if my mentle auto correct cant fix it to work something is wrong

Comment

Quoth Lil Bunny View Post
      *evil grin* So I shouldn't brag about the portable dishwasher I got as a wedding gift?
      That's a heck of a thing to call your husband.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
        Hopefully you'll still have it when I move to New Mexico. Just in time for Turkey Day!
        I just realized though....the powers-that-be at my apartment complex might have a bit of a problem with me ripping it out!

Quoth Samaliel View Post
        Around here, doctors have a reputation of writing in undecipherable scribblings, and pharmacists have a Very Secret Training giving them the ability to actually read and understand what doctors write on prescriptions.
        Hon, it ain't just where you live. Happens around here, too. However, it's not just the pharmacists that get the Very Secret Training....we techs get it as well. Who do you think is entering all of the scripts into the computer!
        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Good grief people, that's hardly pot and kettle! More like apples and oranges.

While it's true SnD's spelling isn't the greatest, it's clear in each case what word was meant. It's not sloppy handwriting, and it's not potentially insulting someone. And ths is a venting internet forum, not a customer-copy document - misspelling is permitted.

Apples and oranges.

Comment

We don't have much lab techs, here. I've yet to see a pharmacy that sell anything other than pre-packaged medications.

Sliceanddice >
            I know of dyslexia and disphasia, both my cousins suffer from it, and it was hell for them and their parents. That's why I never called you on it, when I'm usually rather nitpicky about spelling (although a lot less in English, since it's not my native language).

But given the circumstances, it was hard to tell what came from your disability from what came from that guy's inability. Which was kinda sorta funny.

Also, keep in mind that we don't have your mental auto-correct, neither do we know what you intended to write. But since you look like you're trying your best, I'm not one to complain.
            "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Quoth Samaliel View Post
              We don't have much lab techs, here. I've yet to see a pharmacy that sell anything other than pre-packaged medications.
              Heh, I forget that pharmacies are different here than in most of Europe....plus the fact that we don't have national health care in the US! But, yeah, most of the time in the US, it's the tech that's entering, interpreting, and filling the script. The pharmacist does have to check it before it goes out, usually just a visual inspection, don't actually recount it (like the 720 Darvon that I filled yesterday). And they counsel, we can't do that.
              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth lightmylamb View Post
                Ah, bad handwriting. I doubt that anyone would write an insult on a piece of paper that they new a customer would see. Well, no, I'm sure some would, but if it really does look really messy, it's probably him not forming his words properly.
                Actually, something very similiar happened at my last job. I worked in Purchasing. We had a few vendors that we bought several thousand dollars of product from each and every month. That being said, those vendors would often times send a sales rep into our plant on a weekly basis to help put the orders together/count and inventory existing product and to shelve orders when they came in. This one company had a gentleman that had been coming into our plant apparently for several years. He would frequently fax from our machines back to his office (about 1 1/2 hrs away) when he would do a handwritten quote for specialty items so that the CSR's could do a computer generated quote in order to honor those special discounts we got. He made the sad mistake one time of faxing a note back to his office with a very derogatory statement about not only the maintenance manager but the plant manager as well. The fax itself wasn't the mistake. Getting caught was. He failed to pick up the confirmation sheet. Ours always printed a small scaled down version of what the 1st page of the fax was. Not only did we have that copy, but according to the confirmation sheet, the fax went through and his boss now had a copy! Needless to say, the plant manager threw him out and refused to purchase anything else from them. It took the regional manager (sales manager's boss) coming into our plant to personally meet with the P.M. and begging to keep the business. It was contingent upon us receiving free UPS shipping on all orders regardless of size, a much larger discount than we were previously recieving for an extended period of time, and donuts weekly. That regional manager rocked! Actually, the donuts was his idea.

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                  Heh, I forget that pharmacies are different here than in most of Europe....plus the fact that we don't have national health care in the US! But, yeah, most of the time in the US, it's the tech that's entering, interpreting, and filling the script. The pharmacist does have to check it before it goes out, usually just a visual inspection, don't actually recount it (like the 720 Darvon that I filled yesterday). And they counsel, we can't do that.
                  Yeah, but I tend to like your system better. Since, unless you're in a hospital, you have to purchase pre-packaged drugs, most of the time the prescription doesn't match any form of packaging available and you end up buying more stuff than you'll actually use.

Considering that a) national health care budget is a recurring issue, b) some drugs have a short expiration date, one would think it'd be better to do as you do and sell the exact count of pills prescribed.
                  "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Quoth Samaliel View Post
                    Yeah, but I tend to like your system better. Since, unless you're in a hospital, you have to purchase pre-packaged drugs, most of the time the prescription doesn't match any form of packaging available and you end up buying more stuff than you'll actually use.
                    Slightly better system in the UK then

For many items (Tariffed, part VIII) Doctors can only prescribe certain quantities and all prescriptions must be for the generic version (even if there's only one item on the market). If the prescription isn't right the pharmacist will return it to the surgery, if the pharmacist dispenses it they won't get paid for that item so they're pretty hot on that.
                    Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

Working...
                    X