This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My son- The SC.

Alright since he's not even ten yet, I'm labeling him as "silly" not stupid.

Every Sunday we go to the local gas station so I can get a Sunday Paper (yes, I'm a coupon person!) I had some fraud on my credit card which is now blocked and don't make a habit of carrying cash, even if I did, I couldn't get any from the ATM. I had exactly $1.50 on me for the newspaper and that was it.

We walk into the gas station and my son proclaims, "I'm getting a Slurpie!" Uh... Goodbye newspaper, before I can even stop him, he's by the slurpie machines and I grab a newspaper hoping to be able to convince him to let me get the paper. *Sigh*

I walk over to him and he's standing there with a watery pee colored slush. It didn't look right. I looked at my son, then I looked at the slurpie machines and every.single.one had a HUGE sign on them that said, "OUT OF ORDER" with the red lights glowing.

I asked my son if he saw them and of course he said- "No." Sigh. They were right above the handles right at his eye level.

I guess it's true, customers only read when it benefits them like FREE.

In the end, I got my newspaper and thank life for small favors.
    You don't know what Hades is until you've worked at least one Christmas Season in a toy store that offers free gift wrapping.

Hopefully this is one of those things that'll stick with him forever so he always reads signs.

Comment

There's a newspaper machine right outside by our mailboxes

I feel so sorry for the guy who has to show up at 3 am to fill it. He always looks so tired....at least when I see him on Sunday mornings at 3 am, he does.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

My kids don't get to dictate what my money gets spent on, and if one of them went to grab something without my permission, they would not be returning to the store with me... especially if it was something that once they grab, can't be put back.
        GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

I'm actually kind of shocked that you didn't appear to tell him that no, he would NOT be getting a slurpie until after it was discovered that the machine was out of order.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth InsuranceGuru View Post

Every Sunday we go to the local gas station so I can get a Sunday Paper (yes, I'm a coupon person!)

We walk into the gas station and my son proclaims, "I'm getting a Slurpie!" Uh... Goodbye newspaper, before I can even stop him, he's by the slurpie machines and I grab a newspaper hoping to be able to convince him to let me get the paper. *Sigh*
            Far be it for me to tell you how to raise your kid but this is just wrong on so many levels.
            I don't have an anger problem! I have an idiot problem!-Hank Hill

Comment

Well, kids are fast. Especially when they want something. Sometimes, you just can't do anything before the harm's done, and I think this is one of those times.
              "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

ITA Samaliel, and I don't think InsuranceGuru meant this to be a parenting debate post. I took it for what it was, a cute story about how sometimes even the youngest customers don't read signs

There is no need of comments on anyone's parenting style IMO.

Comment

Thanks Samaliel and Kibbles. My son's fast, and normally I do let him get a slurpie. As a parent, most of the time I put his needs and wants ahead of my own. Had it been a box of tampons vs a slurpie then no way would he have won.
                  You don't know what Hades is until you've worked at least one Christmas Season in a toy store that offers free gift wrapping.

Comment

I have to side with your son. (J/K) Growing up, the only thing that kept me sane through the HOURS AND HOURS AND HOURS my mother spent at the K-Mart lay-a-way counter, among other parts of the store, was knowing I would be rewarded with an Icee at the end of the torture. To this day I hate going shopping for clothes with her because she wants to look at every. Single. Solitary. Item. In the whole store! ICEE TIME!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X