This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• doctor's office relocation

*This didn't happen to me directly, but since I'd been a regular patient at the said doctor's office....I'll refer to him as "Dr. C"*

To give some background info, the building Dr. C's office was in was bought out sometime last year by a nearby veterinarian.....who was looking to expand/move into a new place. The building was torn down, and while I can't speak for the other tenants, Dr. C's office did not notify regular patients of the move/where they were relocating/if the office was still in business.

So, I'm closing up things in the church office this morning, when a guy walks in and asks if I'm familiar with Dr. C's office, because he had an appointment that morning, and they'd apparently NOT told him that the office had moved. (the church is about a block away from where the office used to be) So I got a phone book for him, let him use the phone on my desk, and fortunately he was able to get things worked out so he'd still be seen that day.

How on earth could a doctor's office not tell a patient?!

I mean it wouldn't be hard.... see the chart, see they haven't visited since before the move, so you tell them. New patient, tell them too just in case.

Comment

That one I don't know.....my guess it's more of an issue with whoever does the secretarial/receptionist work. Only reason I'd initially found out that the office had "disappeared" was because my grandfather had been a regular patient there, and he called my mom's house asking if I knew what'd happened to Dr. C's office. (we knew about the veterinarian thing because that's where we take our pets)

Comment

That is really sucky planning of the office. Hell, my OBGYN's phone system still has a 'moved to a new place' message and it's been at over a year.
        How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

My doc didn't tell us either.

They had signs up in the old office that they would be moving but that was about it.

Comment

I'm pretty sure Dr. C. was my doctor.

Not only did he move without telling me, when I scheduled an appointment, the receptionist confirmed they were still located at - old location -!!
            "Do not quibble with me over apostrophes. I have my shit together when it comes to apostrophes." - BookBint

Comment

I give the whole situation a big ol'
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

To be fair, they might've had signs up in the office before the move, but that would've been about it........I do know that when my grandfather had called to make an appointment, the number had been routed to an answering service for another doctor's office. I'm not sure what number the guy from yesterday had for Dr. C's office, but I do know that he apparently hadn't been there since before the move.

Comment

I lived in an apt. above a doctors office for 4 years. Fun times, i'll tell you what. Kids would come and ring my doorbell while their parents were being seen (i'd then come down the stairs and stare at them until they slinked away, or asked if they needed me..lol.). Patients would ring my doorbell if the office was closed, completely ignoring the sign that said the doorbell was for 2nd floor apt. It wasnt horrible, but an annoying occurance.

The kicker was when the doctor retired and closed his office down (he was alone in his practice). Apparently, he didnt tell all of his patients he was retiring and I would get people ringing my door bell and demanding from me where he was , and when I responded he was retired, ask where would he stores his files...I have NO idea.

Damn.. I'm glad to be out of there...

Comment

My doctor's office sent out postcards to all patients on file, no matter when they had last been seen.
                    GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Something similar happened to me. The building wasn't torn down or anything, they had just moved. I got there a few minutes early for my appointment and found signs on the door saying they had moved to such and such address (which was just down the highway a bit but the address didn't really help me without knowing which way to turn out of the old building's parking lot). But they didn't tell me when I made the appointment, or when they called the day before to confirm. Luckily I had my cell phone, so I called them and said "I'm going to be a few minutes late, and by the way, where the hell are you?" (OK, so I didn't use those exact words and I was nice about it, but still.)
                      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth draftermatt View Post
                        My doc didn't tell us either.

They had signs up in the old office that they would be moving but that was about it.
                        That is what my Dr did. It was just basically right down the street and around the corner
                        Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                        San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Working...
                        X