Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I never noticed a problem, but I demand you compensate me anyway!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I never noticed a problem, but I demand you compensate me anyway!

I feel sorry for the call center reps at Three Mobile this week. I received this letter in the mail yesterday.

Dear Arucard,

I'm writing to personally apologise for three network outages that have occurred in your area of South Australia over the past 2 months. The most recent outage occurred last Thursday the 18th June, between the hours of 7:30am and 9:30am.

These outages were caused by technical issues with one of our third party seervice providers. Our aim is to always deliver a great service to you, and clearly these outages are unacceptable, and I am sorry for this.

Please be assured that this was not a fault with your handset and no further action is required by you.

If you have any questions relating to this issue or would like any further information please call us on 133320.

Yours sincerely,

Mr. X.
    Director Technology and Customer Services

Now, I never noticed any outage, and I'm sure 95% of the people who receive this letter never did either. On one hand, I can sort of understand sending this letter out, but it's admitting guilt. I can see a constant stream of SCs getting this letter, and while not being the slightest bit inconvenienced by the outages, never even knowing there was a problem, calling up and going, "BLARGH BLARGH BLARGH INCONVENIENCED! BLAH BLAH BLAH COMPENSATION! YADDA YADDA YADDA FREE STUFF! DEMAND NO BILL FOR THIS WHOLE MONTH!"

I just want to call the number, and apologise to whoever I get for the sucky week they're about to have, and wish them a good day.

The cable company sent me an apology letter after I had willy nilly service for several months straight and spent hours on the phone with tech support and whatnot.

Thankfully they never charged me for a new modem and their letter was pretty nice. I didn't really need a letter, but it's nice to know they DO care and want to fix stuff as soon as possible for their customers.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I got one of those letters recently apologizing for some sort of outage of something I hadn't noticed. ::

And yet when the internet suddenly kicked me off and wouldn't let me back on for three days, all I got was "Oh, we purged all the accounts to clear out the ones who moved; you'll have to re-register." O.o

And after 6+ months of constantly flaky internet with Comcast, not a peep. Two or three attempts to charge us for problems we had no hand in, but not a peep about the actual outages.
      "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
      - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Oh that is so not going to end well!

On the other hand I wish Vodaphone had sent me one of those when I did experience an outage during the day because I was scared my brand new phone was broken!

Still the SC's will be coming out of the woodwork no doubt!

Comment

Quoth Arucard View Post
          I just want to call the number, and apologise to whoever I get for the sucky week they're about to have, and wish them a good day.
          Please do. If you feel a little odd doing it so blatantly, say you just wanted to thank them for sending the notice, as it was great customer service and makes you feel a valued customer. Either way's gonna make that person's day.

Comment

Most likely, I think that this letter was issued because a very select few mightily vocal SC did notice the outage and made a point to leave no doubt about that in Corporate mind.
            "I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."

Comment

Every once and a while my wife and I will get a card in the mail for a free pizza from Papa Johns saying they heard we didn't have the best experience with them and the wanted to make up for it. First time the forgot the paper plates my wife asked them to bring (we didn't complain but i guess the driver reported it) but the other two times we have no idea why (maybe they track delivery times and they were late or something. We were just happy to get our free pizzas.
              Losing faith in humanity, one customer at a time

Comment

Quoth Ghengis51 View Post
                Every once and a while my wife and I will get a card in the mail for a free pizza from Papa Johns saying they heard we didn't have the best experience with them and the wanted to make up for it. First time the forgot the paper plates my wife asked them to bring (we didn't complain but i guess the driver reported it) but the other two times we have no idea why (maybe they track delivery times and they were late or something. We were just happy to get our free pizzas.
                As a former PJs employee I can confirm that, yes, those freebie coupons are sent out any time a delivery is over what is considered "acceptable", which is like 45m, I think. Not exactly sure since I didn't drive.
                ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Working...
                X