This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You Know You're from Philly When....

....some jackass passes you on the right, doing 70 in a 50 zone, then cuts you off and crosses three lanes of traffic to get to his exit, and your reaction is "Well, at least he used his turn signal."
    The High Priest is an Illusion!

sounds a bit like Utah too
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Ok, I'm pretty sure I've posted this before, but I have to share it again seeing as this is about Pennsylvania drivers.

When Pittsburgh was in the super bowl several of my friends and I drove over from Toledo to Pittsburgh to visit a mutual friend of ours and hang out for the game. This was about 10pm at night by the time we were actually on the road headed that way. Ohio was having a fairly normal winter which meant the snow was near white out conditions, the road was slick, changing lanes is more like slaloming over into the next lane and the whole way seasoned winter drivers are pulling speeds in excess of 80mph. This whole time in these dangerous conditions we see not a single accident.

When we got close to the Ohio/Pennsylvania state line conditions cleared, the roads were clean and dry, visibility was good, generally all around normal and safe driving conditions. Not more than 10 miles over the state line we came across a multiple vehicle accident involving no less than 3 semi trucks and at least 11 cars.

As terrible as something like that is we all got a good kick out of the fact that there were no accidents during the whole drive through some of the worst driving conditions Ohio had to offer and we get into the most ideal driving conditions possible and everyone screws up.

Sorry to thread jack but this has become a favorite story of ours(myself and my friends) to relate

Comment

"I use my turn signal to cross 8 lanes of traffic? None? Okay, good luck everybody else!" - Family Guy.
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Sounds like Jersey drivers.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

In Wisconsin, on interstates you cruise in the left lane. You don't move over to the right to allow people to pass on the left, like it's supposed to be. "Death before moving over to the right lane", that is your motto.

Especially if you are driving a school bus or a semi, which often have computerized or mechanical doohickeys on the engine that prevent you from even doing the speed limit.

Anytime I'm driving on the interstate, I run into at least one of these without fail.

In Wisconsin, you also pull right out in front of oncoming traffic, forcing brake pedals to be furiously stomped on to avoid accidents, and then crawl along at at least 5 mph below the posted speed limit. Especially if you are an older driver leaving the supper club where you just partook in the All You Can Gum Early Bird Creamed Corn Special and the Bottomless Relish Tray.
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I always hate having to pull into the right lane to pass someone (and it rarely happens) but when some idiot is in the left lane driving 30mph, and the speed limit is 40-65, and there's no cars in the right lane, and no exist on the left.... not much else to do.

But at least that's still better than an old man reading the newspaper.... completely obstructing the windshield... going the wrong way on an interstate -- and smoking a pipe while turning the page that makes things like speeding seem pretty insignificant.

Comment

huh nice another thing to my why i will never go to pennsylvania or at least philidephia list
                nothing against poeple who life/work there but you cant rust the police you cant trust the town

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
                  ....some jackass passes you on the right, doing 70 in a 50 zone, then cuts you off and crosses three lanes of traffic to get to his exit, and your reaction is "Well, at least he used his turn signal."
                  That's also a South Florida thing...
                  I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                  Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                  Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
                    They do that here too. Never ceases to amaze me when idiots blow me away on the highway...only for me to pass them (pulled over by a trooper), or pull up next to them at the very next traffic light. Then we have the idiots who want to cruise along at 35 mph on the parkway (55mph, 45mph minimum) and get pissy when people flip them off and/or throw stuff at their cars.
                    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

That also sounds like a DC/Northern Virginia driver too.

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                        They do that here too. Never ceases to amaze me when idiots blow me away on the highway...only for me to pass them (pulled over by a trooper), or pull up next to them at the very next traffic light. Then we have the idiots who want to cruise along at 35 mph on the parkway (55mph, 45mph minimum) and get pissy when people flip them off and/or throw stuff at their cars.
                        oh I had an experience like that last week on Redwood Rd... speed limit is 45 and there were these three going only 30... and they were blocking both lanes... never have I been so tempted to pass someone on the shoulder.
                        If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

I love it when someone in the left lane, with room to pass you on the right, gets on your tail, and starts flashing their high beams... thats... a case of rectal headger (asshat)
                          Crono: sounds like the machine update became a clusterf*ck..
                          pedersen: No. A clusterf*ck involves at least one pleasurable thing (the orgasm at the end).

Comment

I want to get a bumper sticker that says, "I'm not psychic, USE YOUR TURN SIGNAL!"

There's an idiot whom I always seem to get behind when going to work in the morning.

He drives a black pick up truck, and the first morning I got behind him he was doing ten under the limit and kept slowing down. Just as I moved lanes and passed him he turned. As he did he flicked me off. Uh yeah, didn't see your blinker idiot.

Next morning, same thing. Starts slowing down to almost a dead stop then turns, no blinkers.

Third day, I realize I'm behind him and move over. *Rinse Repeat*

One of these days, I want to leave a little early to get a head of him, slow down and then turn my blinker on just before he has to turn. I hope that if I do it enough, he'll do the same thing.

*Sigh* What a fantasy world I live in.
                            You don't know what Hades is until you've worked at least one Christmas Season in a toy store that offers free gift wrapping.

Comment

All those stories make me so glad to be from Seattle. You can always tell a native driver, because they drive politely. On the other hand, you can always tell when a driver isn't from Seattle...

My Mother was down in California recently though. She had some near misses in LA. Seems when the light turns green, you need to wait for a five-count or so, to let all the red light runners go by. If you go as soon as it turns green, you could cause a 4 or 5 car pileup...

Comment

Working...
                              X