Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course, then there's Lincoln Drive. Speed limit is 25, for obvious reasons once you're on it. Average speed is 40-45, and you are a traffic hazard if you go less than 35. I know someone who gave up speeding for Lent, but had to make an exception due to Lincoln.
    The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

I was coming home yesterday AFTER JUST GETTING MY DRIVING LICENSE HELLS YEAH and some flaming redneck was coming straight towards me, riding the double yellow line.

I think his passenger was the intelligent one because I saw him/her grab the steering wheel and correct the car.

Also, it was on a particularly nasty curve in my residential area.
      "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

Quoth Gawdzillers View Post
        I was coming home yesterday AFTER JUST GETTING MY DRIVING LICENSE HELLS YEAH and some flaming redneck was coming straight towards me, riding the double yellow line.

I think his passenger was the intelligent one because I saw him/her grab the steering wheel and correct the car.

Also, it was on a particularly nasty curve in my residential area.
        Slightly similar incident here a few days ago.

I was heading home from grocery shopping at Wal-Mart. The road out of the parking lots (multiple stores) is three lanes--one is right-turn, the other two are left-turn (T-intersection). A truck pulls into the road before me, straddling the line between the two left-turn lanes. I keep somewhat behind him in the middle lane, because that's the one I need to be in after the turn to get on the highway. Truck eventually decides on the left-most lane (no highway access).

The light turns green for our road, and we all pull out. Just as I barely get lined up in my lane after the turn, the truck pulls in front of me, inches from my bumper, without signalling. Barely had any room behind the car in front of me, either. And it's not like the highway access is right then, either; it's a decent distance down the road, so he had plenty of time to signal like a normal person and merge politely.

Pity I didn't think on my feet fast enough to honk at him.
        "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
        - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth wraiths_crono View Post
          I love it when someone in the left lane, with room to pass you on the right, gets on your tail, and starts flashing their high beams... thats... a case of rectal headger (asshat)
          might want to be careful saying that... at least in Nevada they can and will ticket people who are in the left lane who refuse to move over (my mother's coworker got a ticket for that)...

though really in Nevada everything is a ticketable offense nowadays (thanks to their budget shortfuls because the I-580 construction project keeps going over budget)
          If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Hmm, they don't do that here. Sadly, it's rare you see ANYONE using a turn signal anymore
            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
              might want to be careful saying that... at least in Nevada they can and will ticket people who are in the left lane who refuse to move over (my mother's coworker got a ticket for that)...

though really in Nevada everything is a ticketable offense nowadays (thanks to their budget shortfuls because the I-580 construction project keeps going over budget)
              I have to agree. You pass in the left lane, slower traffic moves over to the right. It does not matter if they have room to pass in the right lane.
              I don't have an anger problem! I have an idiot problem!-Hank Hill

Comment

Working...
              X